Damn Eye Prison!

3rd person

"Ughhhhhh" Bickslow groans as he rolls over on the bed, a large red spot forming in the center of his forehead. He had woken up only a few minutes prior and had tried untangling himself from the woman beneath him but to no avail, so he settled for observing her sleeping face. She made a small grumbling noise as her eyes fluttered open and he hadn't been able to look away because the rays of morning sun filtering through the curtains were illuminating her chocolate colored eyes in the most glorious way. Lucy was tired and a little disoriented so instead of seeing Bicksow's gentle gaze, she saw some dude hovering over her, and her first reaction was to head-but him after finding her legs incapacitated. Once Lucy came to she gasped and looked over at the man laying on the bed next to her, holding the bridge of his nose in hopes of easing his current headache.

"Oh God I'm so sorry I didn't realize it was you Bix!" Lucy exclaimed sitting up and moving closer to him.

"Yeah uh... no it's fine, I'm fine." He grunts out ,his eyes shut tightly making his pain obvious.

Lucy reached over and lightly placed her hand in his surprisingly soft blue hair, but flinched slightly when Bickslow's ruby eyes snapped open to stare up at her.

"Are you um...sure? I could get you ice or a cold towel or something."

"Uh...actually a towel would be nice.. I guess." Bickslow replies a bit dazedly. Neither mage seemed too fixated on getting up or moving from their current position, lost in each other's eyes.

"Punishment Princess?" Virgo's voice suddenly intrudes the comfortable silence a little louder than necessary. Lucy's eye twitches in annoyance, mentally cursing the maid for ruining her and Bix's little "moment".

"Not now Virgo. Why did you come out though I didn't call you?"

"I heard you required a cold towel so I came to assist. Forgive me for interrupting anything Princess."

Lucy sighs a short breath out but despite her slight irritation she smiles softly.

"No it's ok, thank you Virgo."

Virgo handed Lucy the cold moist towel, bowed, and was gone in a shower of golden light. She turns back to Bickslow to see him still starting at her and her cheeks bust out a new shade of unnatural pink. She gently placed the chilled damp towel on Bickslow's forehead where the mark had become more apparent. The man closed his eyes sighed with a mixture of content and relief as the pain eased a little.

"Hey, Bix?" Bicksow opens his eyes to smile at the woman above him.

"Yes gorgeous?" Both mage's eyes widened and they sat for a few moments locked in a wide eyed stare-down filled with awkward tension.

"Kay so... where's your visor at? And the babies now that I think about it.." Lucy trailed off looking around. Bickslow's eyes suddenly turned frantic; it wasn't his babies he was worried about, he had shut off their magic and had put them in a drawer to "sleep". But his visor, that was a real problem, and he was scolding himself for being so forgetful. He sprung up from the bed almost knocking Lucy over in the process, and darted around the room almost comically looking for the metal grate he wears over his eyes as reassurance.

Bickslow was used to sleeping alone so he had never thought to put it back on after he'd woken. Once he found the visor laying on the night stand on the opposite side of the bed he had slept on he quite literally dove for it but to no avail. Lucy had managed to grab it just before Bickslow could lay a finger on it and moved her arm out of range of his grasp.

"Nah uh mister I asked where it was not for you to snatch it." Lucy pouted

Bickslow slightly panicked which just made his current situation worse. Though he is much more in control of his magic than he was as an adolescent he still lost his grip on it every once in awhile, and those times were all triggered by strong emotional responses to things. He needed to calm down quickly or his magic would lash out and who knows what would happen then. So Bickslow closed his eyes, took a deep breath, exhaled, and then looked at Lucy with a more serious expression. Lucy noticed the shift from his panicked stare to his almost stern look and leaned back a little.