Her Strange Soul

Bixlow's POV

"Her soul... I'm not sure what it is just something isn't right about it." I tell Freed quietly. Lucy had promptly gotten us out on a mission to defeat a small not too powerful dark guild in a large merchant city. Ever and Lucy had become pretty well acquainted on the 3 or so hour train ride here and were now walking a small ways in front of me and Freed discussing unknown topics.

On the ride I had felt like Lucy was restraining herself while managing to look perfectly fine, but it wasn't fooling me. Because she was in front of me she wouldn't see me looking into her soul so I gave it a whirl. What I'd vaguely noticed was a strange change in her soul. It wasn't seeming to flare just as brilliantly as usual and there were almost unnoticeable streaks of a foreign grayish color swirling about her usually just white pure soul. "I have no clue what it is but there's something that's seemingly very slowly consume her soul. You have any information on something like this?" I ask Freed a little hopeful.

"I'll search through my books at home and check the guild library but at the moment I have no knowledge of what exactly it could be. An educated guess is that it could be an emotion that has taken a hard anchor on her soul and is slowly eating away at it. The longer she is exposed to the emotion and whatever is causing it, the more it will affect her soul." Freed says in his scholarly tone.

"Seriously? That was just an educated guess? That shit could've been straight from a book." I roll my eyes as my babies mimic me in the background. His intelligence is exasperating sometimes

Freed smirks smugly obviously proud of himself and I just roll me eyes again and we continue walking in peaceful silence further towards the town bustling with activity.

Lucy's POV

"Do you guys want to get settled at an inn first or go notify the mayor that we've arrived?" I ask as we got closer to the main part of the town and further from the train station.

"I suggest resting. We came a day early and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow so we should relax and get some good rest before the mission." Ever says and I look to the guys who nod in affirmation.

"Inn it is, let's go I think I saw a sign up ahead."

Indeed there was a cute little inn that we checked into. We had two separate rooms but decided to congregate in one for the time being to discuss strategies for the upcoming mission. We ordered room service because we were too deep in conversation to actually go out somewhere. Sometime throughout the night I start to feel myself get drowsier and before I knew it I passed out against the small sofa by the coffee table.

3rd person

"Aaaand she's out. Evergreen says and the two other men turn to look at the lightly snoring blonde leaning against the sofa, completely knocked out.

"Awe she looks so cute don't ya think?" The fairy mage states rather generally but looks pointedly at Bixlow with a light devious glare. Her and Freed share an almost unnoticeable signal which Bixlow catches sight of and he breaks out into a cold sweat.

"Hey Biiiiiix, why don't you go on ahead and drop Lucy off in her room while me and freed clean up in here." Evergreen says never loosing her devious smirk

"Uhhh ok sure..." Bixlow says warily. He gets up and walk around the coffee table and picks the celestial mage up gently enough not to wake her. Their rooms were only across the hall from each other's so it wasn't a long trip to make but it seemed Lucy had gotten rather comfortable in the Seith mages arms. He shifted her in his arms slightly to unlock the room door and push it open, then walked over to the edge of the bed.

He figured he couldn't tuck her in himself so he called his babies over to push the blankets and sheets back so Bixlow could lay Lucy down in the bed. After he had pulled the covers up and over the female mages' Bixlow turned to walk away when he suddenly decided that now would be the best time to tap into her soul, so he took off his visor and hood to get a clearer look. She was unconscious therefore more vulnerable. When he did see her soul it looked almost identical to how it had earlier but the streaks of color seemed to get darker. This truthfully frightened Bixlow a considerable amount because the thought of anything happening to Lucy gave him large amounts of anxiety. He didn't have time to think much of it though because as soon as he pulled his magic back into himself the young woman's hand reached up and started finger combing his spouts of hair. He was startled and afraid Lucy had seen him watching her soul which he was sure she'd consider a violation of privacy; but as he looked at her closed relaxed eyes his gaze unintentionally softened.

Multiple times Bixlow had tried to pull away but all Lucy did was grip tighter on his precious locks and now it seems as though she was fed up and slowly drew her hand and Bixlow's head closer to her body, trapping his head between her bust and her hands. Bixlow's face was now red as a strawberry and he didn't really know what to do. He was stuck in a very awkward position half on and half off of the bed and Bixlow was starting to think he'd have no choice but to accept his fate when he heard a quiet throat clearing and looked over to see Evergreen standing smugly in the doorway.

"Will you please fucking help me?" Bixlow asked desperately.

"Haha ok ok, cool your jets lover boy." The woman says walking over to the bed, her little pet name making Bixlow heat up more. Evergreen tries the best she can to pry the other woman's hand off of the poor seith mage with no success. The next time she tries they hear a little whimper and a very tentative "Stay" come from the smaller girl. The two conscious mages share and look and Evergreen just grins in Bixlow's blushing face.

"You heard what the girl wants, goodnight children." Evergreen says cheerily as she skips to her stuff and grabs her bag.

"W-wait where are you going you can't just l-" But Bixlow was too late, Evergreen had already shut the inn room door and was most likely across the hall snickering about this with Freed.

Bixlow just sighs and looks down upon the angle in the bed.

"You're gonna make a fool of me Cosplayer." He says smiling lightly. No matter how much trouble she may be he wanted it all. He was way too hung up on this woman to care about her unintentionally embarrassing him.

"Stay..." he hears another whisper from her and sighs again. He stands up and fully lays down on the bed, gets under the covers and rests an arm under his head as a pillow, awkwardly putting the other around the small woman's small waist. Lucy's fingers were still drifting through his royal blue locks and Bixlow was in a bit of a hazy state of exhaustion and bliss. He drowsily stares at her face in wonder.

"You don't even see how gorgeous you are..." Bixlow says tucking some loose strands of golden hair behind her ear. He barely registers the feeling of her shifting closer to him and entangling her legs with his as he drifts off to the land of dreams.
————————————————————————
A/N: Long time no see. This was really more of a filler but a longer chapter should be here in a day or two. I promise