9

Rylee's pov
---------------------

"Damn" I whispered

"Whats the matter baby? He won't shut up, will he?" Asked my father

"Nope" I replied

Ever since I've been here Silas won't stop mind-linking me. Since I'm not being poisoned to block the mind-link, I have to do it myself. I mean come on my father is a dick but he's not crazy, he loves me.

Now I know what your thinking 'what the fuck answer him and get the fuck home', right?

But...

There's a couple reasons I stay...

1. Pops said he'll kill anyone that tries to rescue me. (Besides mom, but then she would get dad to help and well.. ya know.)

2. I kinda don't wanna see Silas after everything that went down.

3. I'm treated like royalty! Anything I want I get, I got a pet pig named squiggles!

4. Even though he's a dick, all he really wants is he's family together again.

That's it.

Sometimes I release the mind-block just so my headache goes away. Silas knows when the block is down, but isn't aware if I can hear him or not. For all he knows I could be dead or dying.

Most of the time I hear lots of :
"RYLES?!" "RYLES, WHERE YOU AT",
"TALK TO ME, please" Sometimes I'll hear a quiet "hey" that one almost breaks me every time.

I only do it when my wolf is asleep, it calms her.

"Helloooo, what do you want to eat?"

"Ohh sorry dad (he likes when I call him that), I want lots of corn."

"Corn, realllly?" He asks

"Yep" I nod

I loveeeee corn. Corn is like...great.

"Rylee, my love we've done all this work to help you lose weight, and all you want is a bunch of starch?"

Its true. Since I got here my dad has gotten me a physical trainer and a dietitian. These thunder thighs haven't left, but I've went down a couple sizes.

"Maybe, a veggie pizza... with some corn on it"

"Okay dear" he chuckles.

Other people have tried mind-linking me, but it isn't as strong because i'm not marked by other people.

I've been leaving my scent in the opposite direction in which our "pack" is located. Wolves have been spotted searching EVERYWHERE we keep having to move. Xander has every pack volunteering to help, because they're so scared of him. Soon we'll run out of venues and I'll have to go back.

But for now Princess Ry it is.

Silas POV

"Hey man" says Xander

"Hey"

"Watcha doin"

"Procrastinating enough to not kill myself."

"Come one dude, look I know you feel guilty about the fight you and Ry had before she was... yeah... anyways you need to get out of this house."

"No,"

"I have to stay here incase she comes back."

"We have guards they'll mind-link us if she comes."  Says Xan arguably.

"Still."

"Dude, you my beta I need you strong, and right now you look like shit. Some sun will due you good..."

"Besides maybe you'll get a whiff of her scent we could trace."

"We have the best trackers out there, they said her scent is a dead end, a detour."

"We'll they haven't marked her, now have they."

"They sure as hell better not have." I chuckle

"That's the spirit" Xan says while I'm getting up

" When Rylee first went missing you literally locked me in a cell for going outside to find her. Now you're asking me to do it with you what changed your mind?" I asked curiously

"Man, I thought that someone took Rylee to get us. Knowing that we'd go after her even with our deranged beta weakening our pack. So that they could take down our pack. That's why I wanted to find out who we were messing with first, but you just kept trying to leap your happy ass out after her with or without protection." He chuckled

"But then as time came, I realized whoever this is isn't after our pack, he doesn't want us. If they had we would've been gotten a sign of threat like a letter or sum rogues. I now realize that this person took Rylee on purpose. They wanted her."

" What do you mean this isn't some pack related shit?!"

"That means no war! No, No chance for fighting for her. No-"

"What do you mean no fighting, we've been fighting for her!"

"Yeah against nothing, no one. You mean to tell me some sick freak just took of with my mate, and there's nothing we can do!"

"What do you want from me, Silas. I'm doing everything I can. Pulling every string I got!"

" You want to know what I want!"

" What!"

"You wanna know!"

" What!"

"I WANT -- I want you to tell me that my mate is upstairs thinking of ways to tick me off, make me more sexually frustrated, make me fall deeper in love."

"That's--" stopping the tears "that's what I want."

"Honest to god or whoever is up there, I want just as bad to be the one who tells you that."

"Silas, how bout we go on that run now man?"

"Ok"