11

I honestly forgot the original name I gave this character but ima call him Jace. If you remember comment below and I'll fix it. Since I don't remember everything I deleted I apologize if this isn't what you remember😭
—————————————————————————
Rylee's POV
I woke up to the sound of someone cooking in the kitchen. I crept out of my bed and down the stair case to find Jace cooking. "Good morning sexy" he charmingly stated. "I made pancakes". He showed me the stack of hot cakes he created, looking very pleased with himself. "Can I have one with a side of fruit please?" I asked knowing he would say yes. Jace has been one of the main rogues that helped my father build this pack if that's what you call it. For some reason his loyalty to my father is undying as well as his love for me. I could ask for a million four leaf clovers and Jace would have a field planted by sunrise. Overall, I think he's sweet and all but he's a four compared to my mate.
Speaking of my mate I know what your thinking why haven't I gone home yet? At first I thought Silas would find me and there would be no reason to miss out on this quality time and treatment from my father. Plus for awhile I was nervous if Silas even wanted me as his mate or if he just didn't like the thought of other people having me. Especially considering how we left off, and as time kept going by and I started to wonder if Silas really even cared. Anytime I used to drop the mind link barrier all he would say is "where are you?" Or something like that. Never "are you okay", "I love you", "I miss you."
"Here you go sweetness" Jace said with a wink. "Thank you" I said with a smile that showed my pearly whites. What? I know I don't like him like that, but that doesn't mean I don't like a little attention.
———————————————————————————
Jace's POV
Damnit. I hate when she smiles at me like that it makes my dick hard. She knows what she's doing too. Rylee has been in our care for around 7 months now and she has been all tease and no play. I don't really mind it though, cause I'm in it for the long haul. She doesn't know this but that's why I agreed to become a loyal assistant to helping her father make this rogue pack. He promised me a mate if I promised him a pack.
I know that she has been marked, but since she hasn't been fully mated there's ways to get around that. First I need to get her to stop thinking about that mate of hers though. I don't want to do anything with our her consent. I only agreed to these terms with her father so I could get help getting Rylee alone. I didn't have the man power to break into her pack alone, and I sure as hell didn't want to become a alpha of rogues to get it. Truth is I knew Rylee since she was around 10, but she doesn't recognize me out of my wolf form. It's a long story for another time, but since I laid eyes on her I knew she was meant to be mine. Mates or not.
———————————————————————————
Rylee's POV

"So I was wondering, if you would like to go on a date sometime" Jace calmly asks while we sit at the bar eating our breakfast. My eyes widen at his sudden bluntness I've been here for months now and the most he's ever done is make small passes at me or eye me up and down when wearing a nice outfit.

"Jace, you know I'm marked by the strongest beta in the U.S right?" I didn't mean to sound so bitchy but I was just shocked by his sudden question. Getting visibly upset he stated "you may be marked by him, but your still willingly going months without communicating with him." " It's complicated" I said under my voice. "Besides I heard that lover boy has a date tonight anyway, so why shouldn't you?"

"HE WHAT!!!"

"Oh.... Yeah"

"WHERE" I scowled

"At some fancy restaurant in town. It doesn't matter anyway he's moving on so should you"

"Where are you going?" Jace pleaded

"I'm getting ready to go on a date to a fancy restaurant in town" I say slyly

"NO Rylee, I'm not taking you there. Not tonight atleast"

" I am going with or without you Jace, you know how hard headed I can be when I want. Your best bet is to not fight me and to start getting ready now."

He paused, "Ughhhhh" he said reluctantly as he got up from his bar stool.

Trust me I don't want to do this either, but I need to see this with my own eyes if I ever truly want to move on from my mate.