Ranking Up

(Ranking up back then in E.V.E was like hell to me. After it happened everything turned for the worse. People that I cared about started dying and my life was on the line. Well, that's what I thought but apparently all of that actually didn't happen but it all felt real to me. It will most likely feel the same here. Ranking up will most likely be the death of a lot of people.)

*Y/N Pov*

Ant: "So do you mind explaining what's going on?"

Y/N: "Explain what?"

Ant: "You beta testing a game, and why that guy was trying to kill you."

Y/N: "I was beta testing this VR game called E.V.E. It's just like this game. I guess there was another VR helmet within E.V.E. We all forgot that we were beta testing the game and thought that it was all real. Chad didn't like me at all and I ended up killing him there but that didn't matter since it wasn't real. I guess he has a grudge against me since then that I can't understand."

Ant: "Oh."

Y/N: "So are you ready to rank up now?"

Ant: "Are you ready to rank up?"

Y/N: "Just gonna ignore you when you do this. Let's go."

Ant: "Okay."

We walk back into the living room and sit down.

Ant: "So how do we go into rank mode while in the game?"

Y/N: "Just reach above your head and flip the switch."

I see him reach up and flip the switch but I couldn't see it. I see some type of menu pop up in front of him.

Y/N: "What is that?"

Ant: "Not sure. Let me read it first then I'll tell you."

Y/N: "I'll just flip the switch so I can see it."

I reach up and flip the switch and a menu type of thing pops up in front of me.

"Congratulations On Ranking Up! What Attributes Would You Like To Upgrade?"

The fuck is this? This is interesting.

Strength: 1

Agility: 1

Luck: 1

Resistance: 1

Hearing: 1

Sight: 1

Stealth: 1

Hmm feel like I gotta think about this. Nice that the game starts you off with 4 points. Alright let's do this.

Strength: 2

Agility: 2

Luck: 1

Resistance: 1

Hearing: 2

Sight: 1

Stealth: 2

That should work out for now.

Ant: "Did you pick?"

Y/N: "Yeah. What did you pick?"

Ant: "Strength is 3 now and Luck is 3 as well."

Y/N: "Sounds interesting."

Ant: "What about you?"

Y/N: "Strength is 2, Agility is 2, Hearing is 2, and Sneak is 2."

Ant: "That makes it sound like you are trying to be an assassin."