Family Issues

(It's been one month since my dad died. I still can't get over it even though others have told me to. It's not something I can get over so easily. It may take a long time for me to get over it or maybe never. You never know what will happen.)

*Y/N Pov*

It was the next day and I was feeling determined to make progress in A.R.E. I'm still confused on this whole new world thing but oh well. No need to think about it, I most likely won't understand it anyways.

Mom: "Y/N! Come down stairs please! We need to talk about something!"

Y/N: "Coming!"

Guess A.R.E is gonna have to wait until later. I head down stairs and see my siblings and my mom in the living room waiting for me.

Y/N: "So... What is this about?"

Mom: "I know this may be sudden, but I have been seeing someone for the past week and we are interested in each other."

Y/N: "Wait what? What the fuck do you mean?"

Mom: "You are going to have a step father."

Y/N: "Are you kidding me? You can't be serious right now..."

Mom: "He has a daughter around your age so I want you guys to at least give them a chance and allow them into the family."

Skylar: "Cody and I were told this yesterday. You weren't home at the time."

Cody: "It gives us a second chance at a full family I guess."

Y/N: "I'm not accepting this..."

Mom: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "Dad died not that long ago and you are trying to get together with a new guy?! Fuck that!"

I walk away while they start yelling at me to have me come back to them. I walk into my room and lock the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Mom: "Come on Y/N! Just give them a chance please! I'm still sad over the death of your father but sometimes you have to move past it!"

Y/N: *Whispers* "Fuck that."

I grab the helmet and put it on

*In A.R.E*

I look around and realize I'm not out of the game. Just like E.V.E. Who made this? I think I should try to find other unranked players or looting spots. I need to get ranked as fast as I can and beat this game. I look around for a while and find the same car I was shot at. I look around and don't see anybody and quickly get the XP and walk away. Hopefully that fucker doesn't find out I took that XP. Even though I am unranked I still don't like dying. Makes you feel like shit. I see someone looking around for XP just like me. It's a girl around my height and dark hair with purple highlights. Shit I don't have a weapon. This game isn't nice enough to give me a starting weapon. As soon as I think that I feel something appear in my pocket. I grab it and find out it's a knife. Convenient. I go up behind her and grab her from behind and stick the knife up to her throat.

Y/N: "You have any XP on you?"

Girl: "Why the fuck would I tell you?"

Y/N: "Because I can kill you right now."

Girl: "And I will respawn and get more."

Y/N: "And I'll kill you right now and get the XP anyways. Trust me, dying isn't fun even when you are unranked. Just give me the XP you have and I will let you live."

Girl: "Fine."

I let her go and she grabs the XP she has out of her pocket and hands it to me.

Y/N: "Thank you for the XP. I will be leaving now."