Chapter 22

*we back*

"Creating false love is a difficult task, you see. Love is such a powerful emotion, you need to have someone who is susceptible to loving someone the complete opposite of themselves. They need to be fragile, to have a weakness, if there is any hope of them being broken. First, one must start with a blank slate, as when someone retains memories of past romance, they are not so easily manipulated. A clean memory will do, and luckily enough we started with one, didn't we, my sweet girl?"

Ginny nodded, entranced.

"After the second memory is taken, wiped clean, it becomes more simple. You must next introduce a connection, for if there is none, there will be nothing to build off of. We take those forgotten memories, and we build them into newly created ones. This task is not so easy," she whispers, pulling out a vial containing a dark liquid, "Too much and we could turn your brains to putty, and we wouldn't want that." She tsked.

Ginny and Draco nodded. They sat next to each other, their eyes glassed over, entranced by the pictures swirling in the pensieve in front of them. A dark figure stood behind the table, wand at the ready. Images of Harry and Draco together swirled around as she stirred, a frothing pool of the love that had so quickly grown between them. She reached for the vial, and tipped it so one, black drop of liquid landed into the swirling waters.

"Facciamo l'amore per sempre"  She whispered the spell, as the waters of the pensieve swirled around her wand.

"Let us create love, forever." 

 Ginny and Draco's eyes followed as the images of Harry's face slowly morphed, a horrifying change until he was replaced with the redheaded girl who sat watching. The dark figure giggled, the sound echoing off of the brick of the small room they were enclosed in.

"Perfect."

She dipped her wand into the newly formed memories, pulling out a strand of the silvery white substance. Draco's eyes followed it, barely aware of his surroundings as the wand neared his temple. She pressed it down, and the strand of memories flowed in. Draco shook, seizing as the false memories erupted into his brain. His body fought it as he shook, until it gave out, and he slumped down, unconscious, into his chair. Ginny's glassed eyes watched this happen, but did nothing to fight it as the tip of the wand pressed to her forehead. She went rigid, as the memories coursed through her mind, eyes rolling back into her head as she slumped, unmoving. The woman smiled, her work done, at least for now. She vanished the table and the pensieve, slowly returning the dungeon like room into the broom closet it once was. The chairs melted away and Ginny and Draco fell to the floor, landing together in a heap. A healed foot stepped over them, slowly opening the door to make sure the coast was clear, before letting it shut behind her and briskly heading away. 

*   *   *

Draco awoke feeling groggier than usual, and all together confused. He rubbed his eyes and blearily took in his surroundings. Brooms lined the walls, and he had a serious backache from sleeping on the hard floor. He heard a groan, and his attention immediately snapped to the body cuddled up against him. He took in the red swarm of hair and smiled, relaxing as he leaned down to kiss her forehead. She blinked as she smiled up at him.

"Good morning, princess."

"Mornin'," she mumbled, burying her face back into his chest, "Where are we?"

"In a broom closet, it appears," he laughed, "We must have snuck in here last night for some private time and dozed off."

"Oof," she said, sitting up and untangling herself from him as she attempted to brush the dust off her clothes.  She looked at the blond and smiled, "You're cute in the mornings."

"Shut up," he laughed, lightly shoving her shoulder. "We should get out of here before someone finds us." She nodded, and they both stood. He pressed a quick kiss to her lips before darting out the door. She smiled, and waited another minute or two before exiting as well, heading up to the Gryffindor common room.

* Hey guys *

So I know this isn't the longest but I wrote like half of it and it got deleted and I had to start over which sucked hella balls. But I hope you like it!

I want to know more about you guys, and what you think of this story. Reading your questions and predictions and reactions make my day, so I was thinking that before the next update, if you guys want, I might do a Q and A. Questions about the story, my life, who I am, stuff like that, and I want to know more about you guys too! I really want to do this, and if I get enough support and questions in the comments I will. I also want to check out your guys pages and stories, so if you ask a question I will check you guys out and follow a few of you! I'll shout out a few of you who write stories as well, so let me know!

lots of love xx

-J