Chapter 21

*honestly shoutout to anyone who's still here TBH I started writing this on my 13th birthday and I'll be 19 soon so if you were here since the start you are the real MVP*

Harry looked up from his hands as there was a knock on the door. He stood from the couch, wiping the few remaining tears from his cheeks as he walked over to the portrait. He opened it just a tad, peering out with one eye to see who was there.

"Pansy?"

"Hey Harry, can I come in?" The dark haired girl asked, standing below the portrait with her hands clasped behind her back.

"Draco's not here."

"I know, I'm here to talk to you."

Harry thought about it for a moment, before nodding to himself and slowly opening the door to let her through. He turned away as the door shut behind them, walking over and promptly plopping himself on a beanbag in front of the empty fireplace. Pansy took a look around, and shot Harry a questioning glance.

"I redecorated," he said in a dull voice.

"Well, that much is obvious," Pansy thought, taking in the downgrade in decor. The windows were blacked out, and the walls had become a plain, boring gray, cinderblocks crumbling under the faded paint. The flooring had matching gray shag carpet, but it was matted and dirty, as if it had seen decades of use rather than only a night. There were two twin beds, but they were on opposite walls, and curtains were drawn around both of them, all in the same gray shade. The dressers remained the same, but instead of the lovely couch they once shared, two dirty beanbags sat in its place. The fireplace was cold, as was Harry, as he sat, staring at the dark cement. It was quite a sight, and pansy pitied the boy, he looked utterly broken. She walked over to him, taking care to dust off the beanbag before taking a cautious seat.

"Here to mock me, are you?" Pansy was drawn from her thoughts by Harry's snide voice, "Here to  tell me this was all some big joke? Did Draco send you to come do his bidding? What's your plan? Expose me as gay to the entire school?"

"Harry, of course not, I'm just here to talk to you.."

"Talk," Harry scoffed, "about what?"

"Draco, and why he's acting the way he is. What did he say to you?"

"Oh, you know, the standard 'I hate you and your kind and I wish you were gone'. Type of stuff."

"But why.. he loves you." Pansy said, and Harry looked up at her as if she was crazy.

"He never actually loved me. It was obviously just some act."

"Harry, you can't seriously believe tha-"

"Oh, I do. I just never thought he would let it go this far. It did seem as if it was too good to be true."

Panay grabbed Harry by the chin, and twisted his head to look at her.

"Harry,"

He nodded.

"This was not an act. This was not a trick. Draco loves you, or he did. And we need to figure out what changed and figure out how to change it back."

"Why do you care?" Harry asked, surprised by the honesty in Pansy's voice.

"Because, Harry. Draco is my best friend. He was in love with you for two years, and I've never seen him as happy as he was with you. I want that Draco back just as much as you do."

Harry nodded, and Pansy let out a breath of relief, having finally won him over. Harry spoke again, and this time there was a bit more vigor in his voice.

"Alright, but we need to find out quick. I need your help."

Pansy nodded in agreement, taking one more look around the room.

"But first, lets redecorate."

* Hey stay tuned*

**i know its short you don't need to remind me**
*thanks*

*love ya* <3