Chapter 6

Draco tossed and turned, not being able to sleep. It was around one in the morning, and he had been trying to get to sleep for hours but to no avail. The bed in their new room just wasn't nearly as comfortable as the one in his old dorm. That was definitely what had kept Draco awake, and not at all the look on Granger's face when he left her standing in the corridor. He was proud of the fact that he apologized. It was something that was hard for him to do. Growing up in a household where he never apologized, because he was expected never to make mistakes, made it very hard for him to apologize when he did fuck up. Sighing, he rolled over once again, turning to face Harry's bed. He stared at Harry in the darkness, his beautiful features illuminated in the sliver of moonlight peeking through the drawn curtains. His eyelashes rested on his cheeks, eyes closed peacefully in what Draco thought was sleep. His face was relaxed, more relaxed than Draco had ever seen him. His lips were parted slightly, messy dark hair flopping over his forehead, only barely revealing his scar. Draco stared at him for another minute, longingly watching as the boy breathed, before speaking up.

"Harry?" He whispered, green eyes snapping open to meet silver in the dim light. "I thought you were asleep." Draco whispered again. The brunet shook his head, eying Draco before answering.

"I don't sleep very well." He stated simply, his voice much louder than Draco's. The blond flinched at the volume, shushing the younger boy.

"Do you have to be so bloody loud?" Draco asked, causing Harry to chuckle.

"Draco, it's not like we'll wake anyone." Harry said, however he was quieter than before. Draco nodded, thinking for a moment, before speaking.

"You know, this is kinda like a sleepover." He stated, looking at the brunet. Harry quickly averted his eyes.

"I wouldn't know, I've never had one." He mumbled, sheepishly looking at Draco.

"I haven't had one either." He stated, causing Harry's eyes to widen with shock. "Father didn't let me have friends." He said, and Harry felt a connection with the boy.

"Neither did my aunt or uncle." He said, and it was Draco's turn to be shocked. He couldn't imagine Harry not having friends, he was one of the most popular kids in school. Well, he was, before the dark Lord came back and no one believed him.

"Surely you had some friends." Draco stated, watching Harry. "At least some from the wizarding world."

"The closest thing I had to a friend was my cousin, Dudley. And he hated everything about me. Except beating me up, I guess. And I didn't even know magic existed till I was eleven." This caused Draco to bolt up in bed, staring at Harry, completely shocked.

"Didn't know about magic? You were the most famous person in the wizarding world! Every child born knew about you! And you didn't know it existed?" Harry shook his head, laughing slightly at Draco's reaction.

"Not a clue. My aunt and uncle hated magic. They burned all my Hogwarts letters, and even made us move so we couldn't get mail. Hagrid had to come and take me back to London. He was the one who told me about magic. He told me how my parents died, and how I got my scar." Draco felt terrible for Harry, his childhood must have been horrible!. "I didn't even know I was famous. I was shocked when we went to the leaky cauldron and everyone knew who I was." He continued, smiling slightly at the memory. "I loved the wizarding world as soon as I stepped foot in it." Draco got off his bed, going over to sit cross legged across from Harry.

"Harry, everyone wanted to be your friend. Even me. I wanted to talk to you that day in Madame Malkin's, but I was too nervous. That's why I hated you after that first day, when you didn't accept my friendship." Draco admitted.

"I'm sorry, Draco." Harry said, seeing that the blond was still upset about that day.

"I'm sorry, too, Harry. I'm sorry for how I treated you and your friends for all those years. I'm sorry I constantly harassed you. For all of it." Harry's heart swelled a bit at this side of Draco. He liked this new Malfoy, he was kind and thoughtful. Hearing Draco say that made butterflies jump in his stomach, though he wasn't sure why.

"It's okay, Draco. I forgive you. I'm glad we're friends." Draco had to keep himself from squealing in delight when Harry said that. He knew he could never be with the Gryffindor, but being his friend was enough for Draco, for now. They stared at each other for a minute, before Draco decided he should probably get to bed. He got up and slid back beneath his covers, smiling at Harry one last time.

"Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, Draco." Harry smiled, rolling over. Draco rolled over too, quickly falling asleep with a smile on his face.

* * *

As Draco and Pansy were busy discussing something, Harry watched them from across the great hall. A sour feeling was spreading in his stomach as he watched them talking, Pansy laughing at something Draco said. They were sitting a little too close together in Harry's point of view. Harry didn't know why he felt that way, he just did! Draco was his friend and he was just looking out for his friend. That was it.

But the feeling in the pit of his stomach seemed to think otherwise, as it grew more intense as she whispered something into Draco's ear. Harry almost growled, suddenly urged to pitch Parkinson off the astronomy tower. He was too busy glaring at her to notice Draco staring at him, eyes wide.

* * *

"Draco, why is Potter looking at me like he wants to kill me?" Pansy whispered into Draco's ear, causing the blond to look at her, confused.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, fighting an urge to look for the Gryffindor.

"I mean he is totally jealous right now. Of me. With you. Is something going on between you two because Draco I swear if you didn't tell me..."

"Relax, Pansy, nothing is going on. We are friends. As much as I wish it was more, that's it. Just friends." Even so, his curiosity got the better of him and he looked over at the Gryffindor table to see Harry with his green eyes locked on Pansy, glaring at her bitterly. He was knocked out of it by Hermione, who came over and sat down, whispering something in his ear, causing the dark haired boy to lift his gaze to meet Draco's, a smile spreading across his face. Draco's stomach erupted in butterflies, and he looked away, smiling to himself.

Pansy just stared between the pair, wondering what they had gotten themselves into this time.

* * *

*A/N*

Ok guys, here's chapter six! I hope you like it, it is a bit shorter than the other chapter's, but I have been really busy lately because finals are coming up, but I will do my best to get updates up on time. If not, don't worry, I will still be writing this story. I literally make up what happens as I go, so sorry if it's shitty. Ok, that's it, ily guys.

-J :)