Chapter 16

"Today, in my class, we will be attempting to make Veritaserem." Snape said, causing the dozing students to perk up.

"But, professor Snape, isn't it illegal to use Veritaserem on students?" Pansy Parkinson asked, a hint of worry in her voice. Snape trained his eyes on her, raising his eyebrow slightly.

"Yes, Ms. Parkinson, it is under normal circumstances. But, as you all know, a student has been obliviated, and the staff is performing checks on all students who oblige." He stopped, eyes scanning over the classroom. "And as it would take far too long for me to brew enough potion for the student body, 5th years, such as yourselves, and all older students will be making the potion. If your potion is correct, that will be the end of your assignment. If not, you will right two feet of parchment on why Veritaserem is important in the modern day Wizarding World." Groans were heard throughout the classroom.

"But sir, how will we know if our potion has succeeded?" One of the Patil twins asked.

"Simple, you will be testing them on your partners." Snape smirked as the faces of his students went pale.

* * *

"Neville, I need the dragon scales!" Ron said hastily, his potion nearing boiling point.

"Seamus, don't you dare touch our potion. I'm not going to write an essay because of you." Dean warned, glaring at a sheepish Seamus.

"I'm not taking it!" Parvati yelled.

"Well I'm not taking it!" Padma yelled back.

"Quiet or I will have you both take it." Snape's voice snapped at the two girls. His eyes wandered over to the unusually quiet duo. He watched as Harry handed Draco ingredients, watching carefully as Draco stirred.

"Do you want me to take it?" Draco asked quietly. Harry looked up from the potion, vigorously shaking his head no.

"No. Absolutely not. I'm taking it." He said, with such authority and power that Draco just nodded his head. He liked seeing the strong side to Harry, it reminded him that he was strong enough to face the world.

"Well, it's finished." Draco said, completing the last stir. The classroom quieted down, watching the two to see who would take it.

"You have completed your potion then?" Snape asked, receiving nods from both boys. "Well then, we will see. If the potion works correctly, you will not be able to lie. Which one of you is taking it?"

"I am, sir." Harry stated.

"Very well, Potter. You ma-"

"But sir," Seamus interrupted, "how can we tell if he is lying?"

"Well if I say I like Snape then we will know it didn't work." Harry said, smirking at the teacher. Snape gritted his teeth, but simply said.

"Take the potion, Mr. Potter." With that Harry nodded, downing a swig from a vial. He grimaced at the taste.

"Well that tastes bloody awful." He said, causing a few of his classmates to laugh. "Well?" He asked.

"What's your patronus?" Someone in the back called out.

"A stag."

"What's your worst habit?" Someone else piped up.

"I bite my nails." He answered without hesitation

"Who do you live with outside of Hogwarts?"

"My aunt and uncle. Occasionally the Weasleys."

"Is Voldemort back?" The class went silent, waiting for his response.

"Yes. He killed Cedric in the graveyard at the end of the Triwizard Tournament." Harry grimaced, but answered evenly none the less. Everyone looked at him in shock. He really was back. Draco watched from behind Harry, anxious for the potion to wear off so he wouldn't expose their relationship.

"Well done, boys. You may be dismissed early from class. Please clean up your station. And you may go. The rest of you, back to work!" Snape said, everyone turning back to their work. Harry and Draco hurried to clean, finishing quickly and heading into the halls. Draco grabbed Harry's hand, jolting him along as he sped through the castle. Quickly, they reached their room. Draco said the password and dragged Harry inside, slamming the door behind him.

"Draco what are you doi-"

"How do you feel about me Harry?" Draco asked, hoping the effects of the Veritaserem hadn't worn off yet.

"Draco that isn't fai-"

"How. Do. You. Feel. About. Me."

Harry looked at him, looking as if he was trying to hold back the words. "I-I I love you."

* * * 

Ginny Weasley was wandering the halls of the castle. She was not allowed to take classes with her peers, as she had lost all of her knowledge of her previous school years. McGonagall had offered for her to start taking first year classes, just to get back into the workings of classes, but she had soon grown bored with them. The first years treated her like a moron. She simply wished to regain her memory.  Footsteps could be heard, so she darted around a corner, hiding behind a night stand. She watched as an excited looking blond boy dragged a flustered Harry  up the stairs. What was that boys name again? Something weird like Dragon, Draco? Draco! That was it. 

Now that she looked a bit closer, the Draco boy was kind of cute. Maybe she should get to know him a little bit better. She watched as the pair disappeared up the stairs, set on her new goal. Draco Malfoy would be hers.

* * *

Umbridge watched the little ginger girl as she hid from the boys. She saw Ginny studying Draco's face, a plan forming in her mind as an evil smirk spread across her face. She wanted to ruin that wretched Potter boy, and she knew exactly what to do. Ginny Weasley, you are in for a real treat.

 *A/N*

HAHA LOOK I'M NOT DEAD. For real though I'm sorry about going so long between updates. You might receive another within the next week or so, but please don't be mad if there aren't any for at least another month. I have to go basically the whole month of july without my phone or a computer so I might like die but idk. I really appreciate all of the amazing comments you guys leave, and thank you so much for voting for this story. I'm in a rush, so here is a chapter, but it is short and not very good. I have yet to edit or proofread or whatever so maybe I will go back and do that but I'm not sure. Anyways, just a quick update to keep you guys caught up on what is going on in the story. I WILL NOT ABANDON THIS STORY. I promise. Anyways, feel free to message me or comment or fan or whatever ily all. Ok that's all.

-J :)