Chapter 19

Harry sat in potions, miserably staring at the clock on the wall. The time seemed to tick by slower as every minute passed. They had already been in this class for half an hour, and Draco hadn't even spared a look in his direction. Even when Harry burst through the door just after the bell, the blond was the only person who didn't turn and gawk at him as he slowly headed to his seat.

Harry was furious, but as the time ticked away his fury slowly melted into unease. A feeling in the pit of his stomach, twisting and turning, told him something wasn't right. Draco couldn't just ignore him and sneer at him for no reason, could he? Harry knew he hadn't done anything wrong, had he? He didn't think so. Maybe something had just crawled up Draco's arse. Harry waited desperately for class to finish, sighing with relief as the bell finally rung. Standing, he gathered his books, turning in the direction of the blond. He was shocked to see that the boy was no longer there. Turning, Harry raced out of the classroom, desperate to catch Draco and make him explain what the hell his problem was. Harry caught a flash of the boy's bright hair turning a corner ahead, and he sprinted to catch up. He grabbed Draco's arm, forcefully tugging the Slytherin into an alcove and casting a silencing charm around them before speaking.

"What the fuck, Potter?" Draco beat him to it, shrugging Harry's hand off his arm and sending the boy a nasty glare. Harry was left standing there, confused, as the blond continued to stare at him. "Well, Potter? Going to say something, or are you just going to stand there and drool all over my shoes like the daft Gryffindor you are?" That sparked something, and Harry finally spoke.

"Draco, what the hell! I waited up for you last night, and you never came back! And then this morning, you came in and didn't even wake me! I was worried sick! And now you're ignoring me? What's wrong with you?" He yelled, thankful no one could hear their argument. Draco stared at Harry as if he had grown a third head and it had begun singing opera.

"Why would you be worried about me? Sodding Potter. I may be forced to live with you, but I will not be forced to like it. Also, what did you do with my bed? I expect it back by the time I return tonight." He said, turning his nose up at Harry before darting to leave. Harry caught him by the arm again, yanking him back more forcefully this time.

"Haha, very funny. You can give up the act now, Draco. I know you're faking. But I'm still pissed you didn't come home last night." Harry said, laughter dying down at the blond's look of disgust.

"Only my friends get the privilege of calling me Draco," he said cooly, glaring down at the Gryffindor, "And you and I, Potter, are not friends. I don't have any idea what is going on with you, maybe the loss of your parents has finally made you as looney as Lovegood. But whatever the reason, you better clean up your act. Or I'll be forced to go to Dumbledore and get your sorry arse kicked out." He said, making a move to leave again, and being pulled back, just as before. "WHAT, Potter?" Draco yelled, nothing but anger and annoyance in his silver eyes. Harry scanned them for a moment, before letting out a shaky breath.

"But you love me...?" He said quietly. Whether it was a statement or a question, he didn't know. But what he did know is that he was totally destroyed as Draco snorted at him with disgust, eyes appraising him up and down before scoffing.

"As if anyone could ever love you, Potter." Draco sneered, finally leaving the alcove. Harry didn't stop him this time, he just listened as the footsteps faded away. He slid down the wall, and sat. Draco had just left him, and Harry was all alone, nothing but the cracking of his heart and his heavy breathing to break the silence.

*A/N*
I think this is the fastest I have updated since the first month of this book. Wow. I know it's short, but I felt like writing. Also, I'm sorry about... Well this. I have a few questions for you guys. Number one, would you prefer shorter, closer together updates (like this one), or longer, more spread out updates? And number two, this is weird but I kinda want to write a book. Like a full on book. Like on paper. Do you guys think it's a good idea? Would I be good enough to actually get published if I did? Idk. Let me know what you think.
Love always,
-J