Davy Prentiss Jr. ~ Keep You Safe (Part 2)

Requested by mancheehewitteadesjr

~~~

"Scream and I'll kill ya." Davy's voice threatens.

I mentally facepalm. I should've known.

Davy lets go of me and I whirl around, coming face-to-face with him, and much closer than I had anticipated. I blushed and stepped back, keeping my distance from him.

Now that I saw his face up close, I saw that he was extremely handsome. He had short cut hair, and the most beautiful brown eyes. They had a hint of mischief and boyishness to them, as if he'd pull a prank at any moment. He had the most smug, yet attractive smirk I had ever seen, and I couldn't help but fall in love with it.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked, his smug smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

I shook out of my thoughts. "Someone's ego is a bit big." I taunted.

Davy's Noise grew red with anger and his beautiful smirk turned into a scowl. "You better shut yer mouth and stop mouthin' off. You can get killed fer that."

"Oh, so now ya care about me?" I said. I don't care about what he said about getting killed. My life was hard enough since my family was poor. Then the Army attacking and killing everyone was worse. The last straw was my parents getting killed in front of me, and I didn't care if I died anymore. The pain of losing my parents was too much. I could feel tears well up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall, I blinked my tears away, and in that moment, Davy lunged for me, pushing me up against the wall with an arm.

He had an arm against my throat, constricting my breathing. I glared at him defiantly, challenging him to do his worst. Then I kneed him where the sun don't shine and snatched his rifle from where he placed it by the door. I whacked him on the head with it and ran out. I ran down the halls until I found the stairs, then sprinted down them and out the front door. I made my way to the forest, knowing that the town wasn't a safe place to be, especially since the Mayor was around.

I ran and ran and ran, ran until my legs could carry me no farther, ran until the sun didn't shine very well through the tree canopy. I stopped, and observed my surroundings. It was silent, except for the occasional twig snap or bird call. I sat down at a tree, catching my breath and looking up at the darkened canopy above, with sunlight streaming through small holes in the canopy.

Suddenly I heard a loud snap, and I jolted from my thoughts, looking around. I kept perfectly still, listening again for any other telltale signs of someone or something sneaking up on me. Nothing. I'm not ready to relax though.

I stand up, and about 10 feet away from me stands a big grizzly bear, snarling and fur bristling. I back away slowly, keeping my distance from it, but it continues to snarl at me. I couldn't run; bears can outrun any human on any terrain. Before I could do anything else though, a gunshot rings out and the bear is pawing at its left foreleg. It leaves me and charges to the right, towards the threat.

And the threat is none other than Davy himself.

Davy fires his rifle nonstop, which hinders the bear a bit, but it keeps charging. Eventually, the bear overpowers Davy and knocks him to the ground with a paw. I wince, knowing that the bear's claws would have definitely left a mark. Davy doesn't get up, and the bear noses him a bit before lumbering off. I wait a few agonizing minutes before running over to a motionless Davy.

His face has a few scratches, but as I had predicted, his side had a large wound: scratch marks from the claws. I needed to get him to a healer or something, and fast. His chest rises and falls slowly, which is a good thing. I brush a few leaves and twigs from his face and gently tap his face with the back of my hand to wake him up, and his eyes open wide.

"Oh, good. You're alive. That bear got ya pretty good." I told him. "Can ya stand?"

He tried sitting up, but immediately laid back down. "Can't even sit up."

"I'll bring Todd over." I said, standing up.

Davy grabbed my hand. "No. Get my horse. His name is Acorn."

I nodded and made my way out of the forest, and to the stables.

~~~

Acorn wasn't hard to find. He was the first horse I saw when I entered the barn. I went over to him and stroked his nose.

Filly girl. his Noise read. He closed his eyes contentedly as I grabbed his tack off of its hooks and tacked him up. I grabbed some medical supplies before I left, and

A few moments later, Acorn galloped out of the stables and into the forest. I steered him to where Davy was, and made sure to steer clear of low-hanging branches. Davy was still lying where I had left him, but I saw he took shallow breaths and was paler than when I had left him. I dismounted Acorn and hurried over to Davy, shaking him awake again.

"Davy. Davy!"

He opened his eyes and Acorn ambled over, nuzzling his rider.

"Don't move yet, I'm going to clean the wound and bandage it." I told him. He nodded, and I set to work, cleaning the excess and dried blood, disinfecting the wound so it wouldn't get infected while I was cleaning, stitched up the wound, and wrapped bandages around his side.

"That should be it. Come on, let's get you home." I said, putting the supplies away in Acorn's saddlebag. I walked back to Davy, and helped him to slowly stand up. Acorn wasn't very far, and he laid down so that Davy could just swing his leg over his side and sit, and then stood up again so Davy didn't need to exert too much energy on mounting.

I climbed on in front of Davy, and he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist, holding on so he wouldn't fall off. He leaned his head on my shoulder, his breath tickling my neck the whole ride back. Not that I was complaining. (Don't tell him I said that. I'll never hear the end of it.)

Back at the stables, Davy dismounted the same way he mounted, and I helped him walk all the way back to his house, and up the stairs to his room. I laid him down on his bed, and felt his forehead for a fever or anything before walking out.

Before I left his room, I heard him mutter, "You ain't so bad, Avery. Yer real pretty too." before falling asleep.

I smiled and blushed, quickly leaving his room.

Part 3 will be out soon! That may or may not be the last part to this imagine; I don't know exactly.

Hope you enjoyed! Tell me if anything needs to be changed! :)