Chapter 29- Nugs, the talking cat

April 20, Tuesday 3:20pm

I am smirking at the ship name Katelyn has came up with.

"That's a nice name," says Nugs tiredly. He must have just woken up from a nap.

"Who said that?!" says Katelyn and Jake.

"That would be me, the cat" says Nugs coming down the stairs.

"How can you talk? I mean I know a lot about cats and never have I read or seen a cat talking." says Jake.

"Well, I think that is just adorable!" says Katelyn.

"Who you calling adorable?!" Nugs says.

"Opps, my bad, but I can't help it. You're so fluffy." Katelyn says trying to pet Nugs.

"Woah, hands off the merchandise. Got that?" Nugs says.

"Come on, it's dinner time." says Nina.

"Yay!" Nugs says. We go to Nina's kitchen.

She goes to get Nugs' food but Nugs trips Nina and Nina drops the food and trips back. Luckily, Jake runs to the rescue and catches Nina last minute before she falls.

They stare into each other's eyes while we just awkwardly stand there. And in the corner of my eye, I see Katelyn and Nugs high five? Or would high paw? Oh well.

So they planned this whole thing. Nugs then goes to the food that dropped on the floor and starts to eat it. Jake leans in a little closer, and is now like, 3 inches away from her face.

"Hi." he whispers in her face. "Hi" she whispers back. "It seems that your falling for me." he whispers.

"Maybe I am." she whispers back. His eyes widen and Nina takes this chance to lean in a little further and close her eyes to kiss him and he did the same.

I step back, feeling uncomfortable being here. I step on something and here a loud hiss from Nugs and I see Jake loosen his grip on Nina and she drops a bit before Jake catches her again. He sets her back on her feet and stares a little longer before saying,"I-I have to go." He then walks out the house.

I look at Nina to find her glaring at me.

"Uh, Sorry?" I say feeling really bad. I can see the tears in her eyes before she runs to her room and slams the door.

"I should talk to her. You guys stay here." I say to Katelyn and Nugs.

I walk up the stairs thinking of what to say. I feel really bad about what I did.

I finally reach her door but stop when I hear loud crying from the closed door. I decide to knock. "Nina? I am really sorry about what I did. It was an accident. I didn't mean to. Can you please open the door?" I say.

"It's ok Mackenzie. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself because I chased him away!" she sobbed from behind the still closed door.

"Let me in and we can talk." I say to make her open the door.

I hear footsteps coming closer to the door and see the doorknob turn. The door finally opens to reveal a very distraught Nina. Her eyes were red from crying so much.

"Oh, Nina. Don't be too hard on yourself. He was probably just nervous, that's all." I say comforting her.

"You think so?" she asks.

"Yea, I know so." I say as we share a tight hug.