Chapter 15- Cats

I woke up at nine in the morning to see Nina still asleep in her sleeping bag. Well at least I think. I didn't have my glasses on so I am as blind as a bat. I debate waking up or not while laying on my back. Usually I would go back to sleep if I woke before Nina but I wake up at seven in the morning when that happens. She sleeps in till ten at the earliest.

I decide to go back to sleep but woke up to the sound of someone getting up an hour later. I sit up in my sleeping bag and put on my glasses.

I should probably talk to her about last night. "Nina, you should know that your powers can become very hard to control sometimes. If you want you could wear these inhibitor bracelets. They will help you not loose control of your powers by reducing the amount of it released. Like you wont run as fast as you did yesterday but about a little than amazingly talented." I said hoping she would take my offer until she can control her powers. I take out the bracelet and move it towards her. "That would actually make it easier, thanks." she said while taking the bracelet. The bracelet looked like any other bracelet so there will be no suspicion.

Nina and I get up and head to her house for some breakfast. Her mom makes the most amazing Belgium waffles.

When we enter the kitchen, we were immediately hit with the fragrance of homemade belgium waffles. We go to the kitchen island where the food is laid out. We both grab two one-fourth piece and put our desired topping on it. I simply put syrup on mine while Nina, being the creative girl she is, puts butter with side of syrup to dip the waffle in. It is pretty amazing how she can think so creativly.

When we finish I can see Nina's waiting for us by the front door. That's weird.

We walk towards her to see where we are going. "I know how much you want a cat so we decided to finally get you one." she said. "Really?!" Nina said with much excitement. "Yes, really. Now hurry and get dressed. The sooner we leave, the sooner we can get your cat."

Once she said get dressed, she ran to her room to get dressed. I went back outside to get my bag to get dressed. I went into the bathroom to get dressed in a red plaid blouse and some blue jeans with black Ugg boots. I also put on my black jacket. When I walk out, I could see Nina waiting by the door struggling to put her jacket on since she was so excited.

We head to her mom's car and get in. Nina and I sit in the back seat so we cam talk to each other easily.

We finally arrive at the pet store. We enter to see many many different types of pets. From cats to rats.

We head to the cat section of the store. There are so many different cats. Some even had names. We walk passed a few. "Hey, look at this orange one. It's cute. And the name is Boots." Nina's mom said. "Hmm, maybe. But I want to find the perfect one so I want to look at them all." Nina said turning the cat down.

"How about this cute one?" her mom tried again. It was a black and white cat. Apparently, named Cleo. It was adorable. "I want to keep looking." Nina said. We looked at the rest and only had one more to look at.

The cat was adorable to say the least. It had striking sapphire blue eyes that was unavoidable to stare at. It was mostly beige/white with brown paws, front face and ears. It had very very fluffy fur.

"This one is so adorable! I want this cat." Nina said with excitement. "Okay, Nina." her mom said.

Nina and I went to buy all the necessities for the cat while her mom bought the cat.

"What should I name him/her?" Nina asked with wonder. "I don't know. See what he/she likes or does and base it on that." I replied. "Yea, I should." she replied.

We got all the stuff like a bed, a grate, two bowls, food, a collar with a removable bell, some cute clothing for boy cats once we found out he was a guy, and etc.

We put the cat in the cat crate for an easier transport from the store to her house. We arrive to her house at about 1:30pm. Her mom gets started with lunch by making chicken nuggets and French fries while we go up to Nina's room to play with the cat.

We let the cat out of the crate to let him roam. "Okay, what should we do now?" I asked. "We could try to find a good name for him." she said. "How about we make a list." We made a list of different names:

•Nick

•Boots

•Peter

•Kitty

•Kit-Kat

We try to see if he responds to any of the names. He didn't. Not even one. "This is hopeless" Nina said with aggravation. I sighed. I had to agree that this was hopeless. The cat didn't seem to like any name at all.

We were about to give up. When Nina's mom came in the room with our lunch. "Here you go. Did you find a good name yet?" she asked. "No. This cat won't respond to any name." Nina relied. "Well, just don't give up. I have to go to work now. Don't have a party while I am gone, now." she added jokingly. "Okay, mom." Nina said.

We were eating our lunch with the cat just staring at us. Nina was about to eat a chicken nugget when the cat jumped up on her lap, took her chicken nugget and ate it back on the floor. "Hey! That was my nugget!" she exclaimed.

The most interesting thing happened. When she said "nugget", the cat instantly looked up at her. Huh. That's weird. Nina took notice of this too. "Nugget?" Nina said questionably. The cat looked at her again. "WE FOUND A NAME FOR HIM!" Nina said happily while we give each other a high five.

"Really, you are excited about that. You know you could have just asked me." A mysterious voice said. We both look down to the source of the sound when we realized a interesting thing.

The cat can talk.