Chapter 15: Baking Night

Sasha and Connie

Connie's POV

While Sasha was busy setting up the stall, she told me to finish the finishing touches on her baking. Which practically meant for me to finish decorating the treats with frosting. People who were in clubs were roaming around, setting up their stands to sell items and all that. Thankfully, we baked extra cookies and brownies for ourselves, since we planned everything would run out in the first few hours. 1 or 2, as we predicted...

"Ta-da~" I shout as I finished the flower pattern on the vanilla ice cream cake. "Oi, Sasha! Take a look at this."

She walks over, her light brown eyes shining over my decoration, and hiding something behind her back. "Whoa!!! Connie!"

"Heh... you like it?"

"No, I don't..." Sasha then smiles, "I love it. Glad you're on my side with the baking club."

"Speaking of the baking club, where is everyone?"

I hear her nervously chuckle, "Well... they're carrying some treats and walking around to sell them. So... in the meantime, it's just us here... manning the stands."

Would this be embarrassing or is this a chance for me to ask her to the dance? We're only here for tonight and tonight only... and that the dance, well... no one ever asked her out yet. If someone did, well... I would know for sure. Sasha's not that good at lying when she steals food from the club room.

A few minutes before the festival started... now or never. Ask her now before we start selling... clearing my throat, I finally decided. "Sasha, you doing anything for the Fall Dance?"

"Um... not really. I'm not a big fan of dances if no one's there that I know to keep me company as I stay away from the dance floor. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering... do you want to come with me to the dance?"

She smiles, "Sure, beats staying at the apartment and watching movies. I'll come."

Part of me wanted to scream out loud in joy, but I kept quiet. I felt like that one kid when their favorite character on the show does something incredibly cute. Trust me... I know how that feels when I visit Sasha. Watching all these shows, squealing when the incredibly hot guy walks into the room. Gah...

*   *   *

"And that wraps it up!" I say, putting our sign down. A basket of Sasha's cookies remained here, and we both knew that it was for us. Speaking of her, I turned around, seeing her quickly sweep the crumbs off the table and onto the grass.

By the time she finished, she smiles. "Yeah! Now... we have the whole festival to ourselves."

Once we had our bags and the basket between us, we decided to take a stroll down different stalls and see what the other clubs have done. Well... there wasn't that many. At this point, it was just couples... wandering around and all... as I heard, there was gonna be some fireworks in a couple days, and that should be interesting. According to some seniors, they said that the one in charge nearly hit a guy. Some say it was a lovers' thing and some say that the girl who lit the fireworks had a grudge against the guy, or the girl... I don't know the whole story...

"So... what now?" She asks once we finished going through the stalls.

But we kept walking. Walking towards the gardens. "I heard that the gardening club will always have fairy lights in the garden for the festival."

Her eyes lit up, "R-Really?!"

"Yup."

"I wanna see them!"

So, that's what we did. While Sasha was fangirling over and over about the beauty of fairy lights in the gardens. Rattling on about the legends behind the fairy lights... 

"Connie, ever hear about the fairy legends?"

"No... I haven't..."

"Well, it goes like this. In gardens, a pair of people would walk in... and if the fairies there thinks that they're in love, they would glitter and use their powers to destroy that cloud between them. Heh... I loved fairies as a kid..."

As we walked into the garden, the lights were a bit dull, but we didn't mind it at all. We took a seat on the stone bench, gazing up into the night sky. The clouds blocked the starts, but not the moon. As I leaned back, my hand accidentally touched Sasha's.

I stared at her, waiting for her to squeal loudly, but she gave me a smile. And, all of a sudden, the fairy lights' perked up. Glowing brightly as the clouds were being pushed away, revealing the stars that laid hidden.

With the moonlight, I saw that Sasha had this... weird spots on her cheeks. They were pink- wait... was she blushing? My hand never moved as I stared in surprise. Sasha's eyes darted everywhere, avoiding to look at me.

"S-Sasha..." I begin, my mind had no words to tell her what was going on. To come up with an excuse to tell her that it was an accident. But, my head knew no words. Only these ones... "I... I don't know what to say to... express what I feel..."

Instead of her getting angry with me, she simply smiles at me. "Connie... I-I know how that feels... that's why I express myself by giving you cookies..."

"W-Wait... you... like me?!"

"I guess... you can say that..."

I leaned forward, now I have no control over my body... and I just kissed her on the lips. They tasted like chocolate, which made since... we were eating some of her brownies... and we lingered there for minutes, letting the world melt around us. It was just us...

"Sasha... I... I have something to ask you..." I started as I pulled away from our kiss.

"What is it?"

"Do... will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiles, giving me the words I always wanted to hear from her mouth. The joy of hearing her say that sparked this feeling in me... a feeling of love? No... I don't know how to explain how I feel now. All I can say... is that I felt that we're part of each other... I know her, and she knows me. 

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend..."