Chapter 14: Preparing

Everyone

October- 1 Week Before The Fall Festival

Levi's POV

"So... we're going to the mall, again. For what?" I asked, packing extra money. Thanks to Hanji, I managed to find a part-time job, and we both work there. 

I watched Hanji put on her jacket, wrapping a tan scarf around her neck. Since it's October... well, it's a bit chilly now... "Well, I need certain chemicals for the fireworks, and plus, the dance is... what, next week? We do need to be prepared for that-"

"It's not prom, Hanji." I say, collecting my keys off the counter. "Just dress nicely."

"Ugh... fine..." She walks outside, almost dancing. "But still, we're fine, right?"

"Yeah... just wear that pale yellow dress and those tan leggings. You'll be fine."

"Then... what will you wear?"

Thinking about what my closet has... it's just black pants, white/gray long sleeved shirts, my uniforms, and my hidden stash of cravats. The first time I wore a cravat, Hanji sneaked into my room and took it when I was showering. Oh, I'm still angry about her... my poor, poor cravat... has done nothing...

I shrugged, "Nothing."

"Well... why don't you wear one of those cravats?" My eyes hardened when I stared her. She had this smile, a sly fox on... "What? I know about that hidden stash you have under your bed. Along with those other-"

"Hanji! Stop right there!" Already, I felt my face burning up with embarrassment. I can't believe that she went through my room- especially under my bed! That's all my private stuff, a place where I should keep things hidden...

But still, knowing Hanji... she laughs as she embarrasses me. "Aw... you're so cute..."

"I'm not cute..." I grumbled as we continued on towards the mall.

Hanji pinches my cheek, it stung, but... it made her smile. That sparkling smile... of course she would laugh at me... "Are we gonna start this over?"

I kinda did wanted to start that conversation again... and this time, I wanted to kiss her. No hesitation... I will kiss her. "Maybe..." I say, hoping she wouldn't know my intentions.

"Ugh... you know what? I'm done. I'm not gonna argue with you anymore..." She says, putting her earphones in and mouthing the words to her music.

"Jeez, you're so stubborn..." I mutter, knowing that Hanji's headphones were turned up high and that she would never hear my words. I could say that I loved her, and she would never hear me. That's my Hanji...

*   *   *

Eren's POV

"So... Armin, Mikasa, Annie... you guys are going to the festival next week?" I asked as we were walking towards mall. Annie decided a long time ago to walk with us, since she didn't want to travel with some guys named Reiner and Bertholdt... damn his name was so hard to pronounce.

Armin nodded, "Yeah."

"I rather not be lonely, so I'm going with you guys." Annie says, hesitating to hold hands with Armin. 

Mikasa and I talk about it so many times... after all, Mikasa does talk to Annie a lot. I already know that Armin has a crush on that blonde girl, and Mikasa told me that Annie confesses about her having a crush on Armin. So, we thought that inviting them to the Fall Festival might... well, I don't want to lose my best friend... but if he's happy being near Annie, I would want him to be her boyfriend.