Chapter 13: Just Us... Hopefully

Levi, Hanji, and Erwin

Levi's POV

Just walking towards the food courts, well... I basically followed where Hanji went as she scavenged for a place to eat. Then, her eyes settled on some Chinese take-out place. Her eyes darted for my approval, I could fall for her eyes forever.

"Alright, fine." I say, surrendering to her begging puppy eyes. No one can win against those puppy eyes. The way Hanji makes them gleam, makes me wonder... does she control them at will or do they just happen.

Hanji was about to explode, "Yay!"

"Calm down, calm down." I say, looking at the board. "What do you want? And something small! I still need to find a part-time job, you know."

"You getting broke, Levi?" She smirks. "I'll find a way to repay you-"

"No need for you to repay me." I say, waving it off.

"B-But Levi, it's not right-"

"What? It's not right for me to pay for my d-" I hate it when my mouth runs like that, without thinking.

Hanji just stared at me, hanging onto my next word. "I'm your what?"

"N-Nothing..."

"Levi! Come on. You know how stubborn I am, tell me before I make you regret everything you said just now."

"One, I will never regret it. Two, I can handle your stubbornness. I'm Levi Ackerman, and I can handle whatever you throw at me. Either a punch or a insult, I can handle everything."

She smiles... maybe a trick of the light? But I saw her cheeks light up in pink and red. Must've been, I'm sure she's not blushing because of me... maybe? 50% chance? "Fine... anyways, I want some of that orange chicken."

"You don't mind if we share a plate, right?"

"Why? Thought you hated sharing."

"H-Hanji, just please, trust me. I don't have a lot of money, especially when we're using it to buy food and supplies. Like I said earlier, I'm still finding a part-time job."

She groans, "Fine... you're right..." Just hearing that tone in her voice, so heart-breaking. I'm sorry, Hanji... maybe if you helped find a job, things won't be heavily based off of my money.

Whatever, I love Hanji...

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

Based on the way he was blushing earlier, I wasn't the only one that was nervous to be here... this was the first time Levi ever took me somewhere, but I have no way of knowing his true intention. What was his reason?

When I sat down at a table while Levi picked the food up, suggestions attacked me about the question I had for him. Is he trying to figure out who I'll say yes to? Did he have feelings towards me? Does he want to hang out with me for the last time? Am I making his strong heart weak? So many questions to ask him... but only one question was the right one to ask him.

"Oi!" I looked up, seeing Levi having the box of Chinese food in his hand. He takes a seat, giving me a fork. "You're distracted, again."

"I-I am?"

"Hanji, I lived with you for 2 years. You don't think I know that something's up?"

He opens the box, and the warm smell of orange chicken, mushroom chicken, and some fried noodles. I take the fork, taking a bite, loving the flavor of the orange chicken. "Thanks, Levi."