The Boy with no Purpose

It was night and the moon was full when my dad left me. Mom died giving birth to me which is why I only have my father but he's leaving me, too. He was lying in bed wearing a hospital gown and an oxygen mask when he died. Other people said that we look exactly the same when my dad was younger. They said we have the same jet black hair, sea green eyes, and fair skin. Now, he lost his hair, his eyes lost their color and he looked frail. Before he took his last breath, he handed me his harmonica and said. "Go to the Shisha Hospital and ask for a job. I hope you find your purpose there."

Like he said, I applied for a job there and got accepted—as a janitor, though. It was his dying wish, why not fulfill it? I kept my dad's harmonica around my neck to keep myself from forgetting what I'm supposed to do in this hospital and that is to find my purpose in life.

The hospital looks a lot more like a prison than an actual hospital. The corridors had grills all over them, maybe to keep the patients from falling off of the edge. At least it has a quality fountain with a garden around it. Anyway, when I arrived here a few hours ago, I barely knew anything about this hospital. This hospital also has a few doctors and a lot of interns. I was then welcomed by another janitor who's called Toshinori. He has dyed blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin and wears a silver piercing on his left ear. He approached me as soon as I entered the staff room. He then says after introducing himself, "Welcome to the Hospital of the Dead."