Chapter 23

Adrien bit his lip as he stood outside Master Fu's door. He gave up his Miraculous a long time ago, before he left. He hesitated to knock on the door, but found the strength to do it. The door was opened and Master Fu's eyes widened with shock.

"Adrien Agreste?" He asked. Adrien nodded. "Could I have a favor, Master Fu?" Adrien Asked sheepishly.

-
Marinette burped Louis, patting her her palm on his back. The Baby rested his head on her shoulder and started to fall asleep. Marinette rubbed her eyes. The bags underneath them were heavy with lack of sleep. She kissed Louis's head before making her way to the New Nursery.

The blue wallpaper highlighted the white walls perfectly. The lingering smell of paint tickled her nose. Lying him down for a nap, he snuffled into his Grey Knitted blanket.

Emma too was taking a nap in what used to be the storage room. An artificial Christmas tree box still stood in the corner of the room. She sighed. Was this her life now? Was having Emma and Louis the end of her freedom, her life, her traveling?

-
"So let me get this straight. You want the Miraculous of destruction back because you need to tell a woman that your in love with, that your her babies biological father, only because YOU gave it up in the first place?" Master Fu Tutted, a sense of anger in his voice.

Adrien felt humiliated. His fingers curled around each other. "It's.. Complicated. But I really need this favor. I can't go my whole life making Marinette's miserable. She misses Chat Noir So much. I know she does" he said.

Then he realized what he had just done. He clamped a hand over his mouth. Master fu's face lightened up. "Marinette?" He asked. Adrien nodded nervously.

Master Fu Paused for a minute. He hesitantly entered the code into the Box. He passed the Miraculous To Adrien, but paused and reeled his hand back in. "No" he said.

Adrien's heart sank. Tears were glossy in his eyes. "Please Master Fu" he begged. Master fu sighed sadly. "Alright but I need you to know that I'm only doing this for Marinette" Master Fu said reluctantly.

"I had a daughter and a wife" Master Fu said, closing his eyes. Adrien's hand dropped. His throat went dry. "You had a family? W-What Happened to them?" Adrien whispered.

Master Fu then Inhaled a sharp breathe, his nostrils flaring.

"Years ago, I lived in a valley split into 2 regions by the mountains. I was an orphan and was taken into an orphanage in the Blue Region. The other region, the Red Region was our mortal enemy. We had heard of a legend that the red region had invaded our region and killed most of us. The Elders say a very important book was stolen" he began. Adrien gasped.

"The Legend says we striked back and ended up nearly demolishing the Red Region. As I grew up, I got more daring. I started to explore the mountains more as there was a peak in the valley at the highest tip on the tallest mountain. I found a cave. It was a passageway that seemed to lead to the Red Region" He said, smiling at the memory.

"It was there I met Pam. She was a girl from the Red Region. We met everyday at the caves, until we turned 20. I had been training to be a guardian of the Miraculous. It was at the caves where I told her I loved her. She said she loved me too and that we should run away together someday. We ended up making a small home in the mountains and got Married. A year or two later, Pam gave birth to Alecia. Our daughter"  Master fu said happily. Adrien smiled sadly.

"Alecia had Grey eyes and a dark blue mixed with a black shade of hair. She took after her mother. Unfortunately she inherited some traits from me. She loved discovering and exploring. O-One d-day.." Master fu said, his voice going quieter when he got to the end of his sentence.

Adrien patted his shoulder. "One day she ventured to the Red Region. Guards Caught her and she tried to escape but ended up leading them to our home. One day, I woke up early and went to my usual Guardian Training and. They set the cottage on fire. On that day, my beautiful Pam and Alecia Died" Master Fu said, wiping his eyes. "I kept a photo of them on me all the time" Master fu Smiled.

Adrien did the same. "Do you want to see them?" Master Fu asked. This question shocked him. Master Fu shuffled to the locker drawer and pulled out a small frame. He passed it to Adrien.

"This was on Alecia's Fifteenth birthday" Master Fu said, Sitting beside Adrien. Adrien Blinked hard. He couldn't believe his eyes. "That...!" Adrien struggled to form words.

The photo was made in ink, so there was splotches and spills. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"That looks like Marinette and Sabine!" He exclaimed. Master Fu smiled. He recalled the first day he saw Marinette. It made him happy to see her, because he saw a little bit of his daughter in her. His daughter was a bit clumsy but was very sweet and caring. She loved Adventure and would die for her family. He knew that Ladybug would have to be Marinette. It was a perfect Match.

"When the Red Region Soilders Burned down my home, the fire spread quickly from the forests and lack of rain. It eventually burned the entire Blue and Red Region down. I still think to this day that it is my fault. I wasn't there to protect my family and It cost them their lives. I will forever blame myself" Master Fu said sadly. Adrien shook his head. "You can't think like that"

"Let me have a few days to think about giving you the miraculous, Please" Master Fu commanded while Adrien nodded and shook his hand. Adrien felt relieved that he was going home to his own family. 'Home' Adrien smiled to himself, yet his heart hurt for the old lonely man.