Mileven

Their winter break trip had come to an end and nobody was excited. El especially.

The two sat in the very back of Hopper's police SUV all clung to each other.

El had dozed off and Mike was holding her while he longingly stared out the window thinking about the firsts and the lasts during their trip.

Hopper Drove steadily down the straightaway both hands on the steering wheel, his fingers tapping along the beat of "I Want You Back" by Jackson 5.

Suddenly a strong force from the rear jolted everyone forward into the seat in front of them. Mike felt this immediately and tried to protect El by covering her head and squeezing her extremely tight so she wouldn't fly out of his grasp.

Lucas put his arm in front of Max and extended his other arm out hoping to serve some sort of protection for her as she held her own forearms in front of her face. (Damn these kids have reflexes)

As for Will who sat next to El in the very back, he hit his head on Dustin's seat in front of him. He held his head in pain once the car had come to a halting stop and he immediately made sure Mike was ok. And of course Mike was still holding El very tight.

Everyone came out of their braced positions and looked around at each other hoping nobody was hurt.

El uncurled from her balled up position in Mike's arms. Mike lifted her chin and asked if she was ok in a concerned voice. She nodded then swayingly hugged Mike tightly.

Hopper turned around, his arm still held in front of Joyce.

"Is anyone seriously injured?" He asked scanning the seats.

They all looked around at each other and decided nobody had gashed an eye out or broke something, so they shook their heads no.

================================

The party and the adults watched as Hopper's rear ended SUV was towed away from the side of the road.

Hopper and Joyce stepped out a little further and held their thumbs up hoping to get somebody to pick them up.

El sat down in the blowing grass and picked at the weeds, Mike sat down next to her and held her shoulders tightly then rested his head on them.

"I'm glad your ok Mikey, thanks for protecting me by the way," El said with a hand on his soft cheek.

"Oh heh, it was nothing, I guess it's just my natural reaction," Mike said with a warm blush spread across his face.

"Hey Earth to Love birds!" Dustin shouted at them, then pointed to the black truck that sat in front of them.

"Oh," Mike said blushing harder as he helped El up from the grass.

There were only 4 extra seats so Will, Dustin, Joyce and Hopper sat inside the truck and Max and Lucas, and Mike and El all sat in the trunk with blankets that coincidentally happen to be there.

Max and Lucas shared two of the blankets while leaning against the tailgate, and Mike El snuggled up directly across from them behind the window peering into the interior.

The Truck started to move along the highway and the four of them shivered even though they had blankets draped across themselves.

Mike brought the blankets to their faces and looked to El who had her hair blowing across her smiling face.

"Hey beautiful," Mike gushed as he held her hands under the red blankets.

El rolled her eyes and knew what he really wanted so she leaned in and teased him by getting exceedingly close to his face. She looked at his lips for a few moments so she could keep Mike waiting. Then after a minute of torturing him she grabbed his face and put her lips to his and kissed him forcefully.

Mike smiled into the kiss and pressed her against the side of the trunk. The blankets had fallen off already but they never noticed due to all the heat between themselves.

El wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him more and more.

Mike backed away and smiled as they made eye contact. He went in for a hug as she was still sat against the left side of the trunk.

The wind was cold but El didn't care as long as Mike's long warm arms were around her the whole ride.

================================

Oml look who decided to up date.

My byler fanfic is up and ready!

Go read it, its called Melted ❤️❤️