Mileven

Eleven plopped down next to Mike on the couch then laid her head on his lap. Mike stared at the fort he had made for El a year ago, it still looked the same. He had kept it there because he knew deep down that El was still there, he never gave up on her and I don't think he ever would. She saved him, she saved all of them, she saved them because she loved them. Specifically Mike. El glanced down at the Star Wars ship she had levitated once, El's mind drew back to when she wasn't with Mike when she wasn't in his arms. She noticed that she never had a dull moment when she was with him. The world is a better place now, lying with her lover, all she could ever ask for.
"Mike," Eleven whispered.
"Yes?" He replied.
"I'm happy, I'm happy I'm home," El said softer. Before Mike could reply El drifted to sleep in his arms, Mike pulled her closer to himself and hugged her tighter, then he tried to get comfy. He eventually shut his eyes and started to dream, dream of a future, dream of living with his best friend. A million dreams of the world he can see danced around; El hand in hand with him dancing in the living room to who knows what, Mike twirls El around like a ballerina then he pulls her into him. Mike wraps his arms around her waist, and they start to sway like palm trees would when there is a island breeze. Mike turns El around so her back touches his chest, Mike grabs El's hands and pulls them in front of her and tangles their fingers into one big knot, and they continued to sway in a slow steady rhythm. Nobody was home in his dream, in fact no one else even mattered in his gracious dream. All that matters is that Mike has found happiness, he has never truly felt the wrath of happiness and it's warmth. That's what Eleven is to him, if she smiles he smiles back even bigger. Not only is El Mikes happiness but she is his love, it's like their hearts are touching somehow, and every time he sees her he falls in love all over again.

   Mike jolted awake to a cat hissing from outside. Mike blew his bangs away from his forehead and sat up a little so he could get a better look at this feline, it was the same orange tabby cat that always roamed the neighborhood, and today he chose to settle on Mikes bike right outside his window.
"Jeez," he muttered. Mike laid his head back on the arm rest and tried to dream again. El rolled over on her stomach and pushed away from the couch so she could stand up. Her purple eyeshadow was pretty faded and her hair looked like a birds nest. Eleven quickly combed her hair with her fingers so she could look a little more presentable, though Mike's hair didn't look any better. Mike opened one eye and watched El fix her hair. Eleven got frustrated so she headed towards the bathroom.
"El stop it you look beautiful," Mike mustered up. El didn't realize he was awake so her cheeks turned the color of a strawberry milkshake when she turned towards the couch. El sat down on the old couch, her back straight forming a right angle with her thighs. El still had her fingers in her hair because they got stuck on a knot, she struggled to pull them out and each second she blushed even more because she knew she looked stupid messing with her hair. Mike held on to Eleven's wrist and pulled it from her hair slowly. He took both of his hands and cupped her small and fragile hand, he looked like he was handling a small meek puppy that was found all alone on the streets.
"Hey you look gorgeous ok?" Mike said. Eleven smiled a little and nodded her head.
"Where is food?" She asked.
"Upstairs," Mike replied. "Do you want to come with?" El nodded again then planted a kiss on Mike's cheek. Mike stood up and pulled El along, they went nice and slow up the stairs and down the halls. Mike looked both ways when they got into the kitchen, he was sure his parents were still sleeping so he turned to El put his index finger to his dry lips. She nodded and tip toed around the island to the blank, off white fridge. Nothing seemed appealing to El in the fridge so she checked in the door above it and found her holy grail, Eggos. Mike was already at the toaster ready for the waffles to be handed over. Eleven of course didn't know how to use a toaster so Mike wanted to show her how. He took the frozen waffle out of the box slowly so the plastic wouldn't make a loud crunchy sound, he held in front of El's face took make sure she was watching. Mike slowly put the eggo into the slot but didn't push down the lever because El reached over and did so. The two of them were still dressed in their clothes from the snowball last night. El still looks beautiful, Mike thought. Mike scooted closer to El and put his hand in her hair and caressed her forehead with his thumb, El ran her fingers through Mikes hair and they stood there in silence, not awkward silence but loving silence. Eleven stared at his face, deeply into his dark chocolate eyes and she couldn't help herself. Eleven wrapped her arms around Mikes neck and pulled him nearer, then she kissed him. Mike didn't resist, he kissed her back softly. The eggo popped out of the toaster and made the two lovebirds jump, Mike handed Eleven the eggo and he took her other hand and quietly leaded her back to the basement.

   Mike sat with Eleven and watched her eat vigorously, El was starving and could care less if she looked like a pig.
"Mike!" The walkie talkie yelled from under the tent.
El turned her head and Mike got up and ran over to the fort.
"I copy," Mike said. El set down her eggo on top of the Dungeons and Dragons board and sat quickly sat down with him.
"We have a code red! I repeat a code red!" Yelled Lucas.
"Well what is it?!" Mike asked.
"It's hard to explain, so get over here stat." Lucas replied.
"Should I grab Dustin too?"
"Yes, now hurry!" Lucas said.
"Ok ok ok over and out!" Mike exclaimed. He pushed down the antenna and looked over to El.
"I don't know what it is but we need to get going, go grab some clothes from Nancy's closet, she isn't in her room because I'm positive she went home with Jonathan, then meet me back here, ok?" Mike said.
"Yes," El replied then got up and ran up stairs.

    Eleven pushed through Nancy's hangers and found a long sleeve shirt that was gray speckled with medium sized white polka dots, the collar and the end of the sleeves were white too. Then in Nancy's bottom drawer she found a pair of blue wash jeans that were really baggy and long on El so she rolled them up a bunch. The sweater was way over size and the sleeves hung over her hands so El rolled them up a bit too. It was all big and it looked odd with her black flats she had worn to the snowball, (she didn't bother to go through shoes because she knew they would fit.) but she didn't have time to contemplate on her outfit. El saw a brush on Nancy's night stand so she used it but it was difficult because she had hair gel in from last night and that was causing knots. El figured she was wasting time so she quickly combed and threw the brush on the bed and fast walked out of the room and back to the basement.

    Mike had on his iconic striped shirt tucked in to some dark blue jeans with his white Nike tennis shoes. He was currently hiding behind the stairs so he could scare El when she came down. He heard her light footsteps on the creaky wooden stairs and when Eleven got to the bottom of the steps she looked left and right but didn't see Mike. Mike sneaked up behind her and picked her up by the waist and swung her around. El was caught off guard and playfully hit at Mike's arms, Mike set her down and kissed her cheek then he took her hand and they giddily ran to the back door. Mike picked up his bike and smiled at Eleven, he patted the seat and motioned for her to sit down. Eleven swung her leg over the seat and sat behind Mike, Mike reached back and pulled her arms around his torso and told her to hold on tight. She smiled at him and did as told.

Jeeeez that was a long chapter. Get excited for the next few chapters because I have some plans! I'll most likely post Mileven at the beginning of every week and I haven't decided on my schedule for Hallways yet (which you should go read) Tell me my grammar/spelling/ punctuation mistakes because I always like to go back and edit! See y'all next week❤️❤️