i n t e r l u d e - c a t a l i n a

A/N - I included this as an interlude, but it's more like an extra. I'll probably move it at the end of the story when it's completed, but I'm not sure yet. But I wanted to publish it now for you all <3

___________

"Yoongi." 

A warm breath was whispering in his ear. He could feel a hand slowly caressing his chest and soft legs lazily pressed against his. 

"Yoongi," the voice repeated, barely a murmur.

This time, he felt soft lips pressing on his temple, a small kiss that left him wanting more. He slowly opened his eyes, momentarily being blinded by the light coming from the opened window, before turning his head to meet the beautiful grey eyes he was just dreaming about.

"Hey," Catalina giggled as her shiny eyes met his, and she leaned closer to leave another warm kiss, this time on his cheek.

He smiled softly and moved his hand to rest it on her hip.

"Hey yourself," he whispered back, voice still foggy from his sleep, and getting another soft giggle in return. He shifted so he could rest his forehead on her shoulder, sighing in contentment as she moved a little closer.

"It's time to wake up," she whispered as she snuggled closer.

He chuckled softly.

"For you. It's my day off, I don't have to wake up if I don't want to," he laughed, and extended his lips to kiss her tanned skin. She tasted like sugar mixed with lemon, a sweet flavor that left him breathless.

Catalina sighed happily. "I know. But don't you want to have breakfast with me?" 

His raised his gaze to meet hers, noticing that she was pouting a little, but her eyes were still glittering. 

"Yeah, I'd like that," he whispered back, earning a magnificent smile in return. He loved that smile of hers, that smile he would do anything for, just so he could see it again and again every morning when he would wake up.

Catalina lazily retreated from his embrace, letting her feet fall to the floor and standing up from the bed. She disappeared behind the bathroom door. Yoongi stretched his arms and also stood up from the bed, making his way to the kitchen.

Automatically, he started the coffee maker, put two pieces of toasts in the toaster, took out the strawberries from the fridge and the peanut butter from the pantry. Pouring himself a glass of orange juice, he walked to the living room and started his PS4, knowing that Catalina had to leave soon anyway. 

Sitting down on the couch, he had just started a game when Catalina entered the living room, strawberries and two toasts on her plate, along with a cup of coffee in her other hand. She sat down beside him on the couch. He stopped the game and turned to her. 

"Nervous for that meeting?" he asked as she devoured the first piece of bread.

She shrugged. "Yeah, I can't wait for it to be over." 

Yoongi smiled and nodded, looking over her curly hair and pretty eyes, ending on her lips. She took a bite of strawberries.

He leaned in. "You look cute this morning." He pecked her on the chin. 

"Please, I always look cute. It's why you love me." She playfully rolled her eyes. 

"I do love you," he answered, wiggling his eyebrows. 

She met his eyes, momentarily getting lost in them, the ghost of a smile on her lips. 

"I do, too." 

His heart missed another beat. I do. He hoped he would get to hear those words again, soon, when he would get down on one knee and ask her to be his, forever. He could see them spending the rest of their lives together, getting married, adopting a dog, raising a few kids, growing old together, until they would be nothing but wrinkles and memories. He wanted to live all of it with her, because the only thing they needed was their love, and that would stay the same forever. And whenever he stared into those beautiful, mesmerizing grey eyes, he knew she wanted the same.

Her cellphone beeped, interrupting the moment. 

"Oops, I'm late for work! You know, some of us have to work and can't stay inside all day, playing video games," she chuckled as she made her way to the front door, taking her shoes from the rack and quickly putting them on. 

"Well, I very much can," Yoongi grumbled in response.

"You should do something else on your day off, it's such a nice day, too! Perhaps the prettiest day of the year," she said as she looked out the window, then turned to smile brightly at him as she opened the front door. "Seriously, do something else."

"No, leave me alone," he said grumpily as he looked away from her and started his game again.

She laughed one last time before closing the door behind her. 

And just like that, she was gone.