Rant. 29 (People's bs)

Who wants to listen to me rant? You don't? Huh?  Really? Then close this fucking rant right now because you know I'm gonna do it anyway!

So, this rant is all about people that ask you to do some shit that you don't want to do.  The thing is that these people are relentless!

They more often then not cannot and will not take NO for an answer. Like its totally unacceptable for you to not want to do something.  After all they want you to do it, so therefor you SHOULD want to do it.

What kind of shit is that I ask you?

Let me give you an example:

"Eve the fair is in town!  It's you're favorite fair!  You should come up!"

"Eh.. no.  I really don't want to go to a fair."

"But its your FAVORITE!  How can you not want to go?"

"Probably because it has not been my favorite since... I don't know, I was eight?"

Huffs.

"Anyway are you coming?"

"No."

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

"I don't want to."

"Well you never want to do anything."

Huffs.

Do you see my dilemma?  Not only that, I get multiple calls and messages all asking me about the shit that I just said no to.

But that's not even the worst damn part!  How about when someone plays on a toddlers emotions? Hmmm?  Putting a kid on the phone and you hear them in the background coaching them.

"Tell her you want her to come up!"  (Inset fail whisper here.)  "Tell her you want to go to the fair!"

Then the child of couse says exactly what shes told.  Making it worse because shes now throwing in her little two cents. "I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"  " I loveeeeeeeeeee you."

Does then mean that you are to feel obligated, just because a kid (No matter how adorable she is) is on the phone?

Uh no. Hell no. Hell FUCKING no.

Lets make it even more juicy shall we.  You tell the adorable toddler No.  She cries. She cries so fucking hard and all your thinking  is, this is such bullshit.

Not because shes crying but because you are once again put in this uncomfortable situation.  It is-literally to the point that I avoid this person. The calls start on Thursday usually. The all have one goal.

To get me to do some shit that I don't want to do.

-Eve