Chapter Twenty-Three

Depuis le début

When they came to the corridor containing their separate suites, Damian opened the door to his room, holding it open for Raven to go through first.

Shutting the door after him, Damian leaned against the wall, standing besides Raven.

Tilting his head down at her, Damian's expression softened, "What is it?"

The purple-haired demoness tucked a stray stand of hair behind her, more out of habit than due to irritation. Looking up at Damian through her lashes, Raven rested her head against the wall, parallel to him.

"Are you sure about this? We can take care of the problem without revealing it to all to the others.", she said, concern alive within her eyes.

Damian shook his head, "We're not revealing everything. Nothing personal. Only giving them some knowledge of the preternatural- it will be needed in the near future."

Raven couldn't' disagree with that.

They stayed silent for a moment, lost in thought. Finally, Raven flicked her eyes upon to stare in to his.

"But are you ready for them to know?", she asked earnestly, brow furrowed in concern.

Damian nodded mutely, folding his arms. Head tilted backwards, he stared at the window, focusing on the shaft of light beaming through the gap in the drawn curtains.

Standing up straight, Raven sighed, "Well, if you're sure... there's nothing more to say."

Responding with a hum of agreement, Damian watched Raven leave his room, shutting the door softly behind herself.

***

"Yeah, so that's all that's happening in my area- s'all good.", the Flash concluded, shrugging his shoulders.

The Justice League, Titans and other assorted people (most of the Batclan) took a moments break, many not even bothering to try and figure out what Barry had been saying.

"Right,", Superman cleared his throat, gaining the other's attention, "Bru-Batman,", he corrected, " has called for another meeting."

Cue dramatic groans from most of the Leaguers. Batman should probably have cut down on those meetings- they were too much to deal with.

"Please tell me there's an actual reason this time.", Hal grumbled, hanging his head.

Before Bruce could respond, Dick chimed in, "There's gotta be, otherwise we wouldn't be here."

The Batfam and Titans (plus Adyn) nodded in agreement: a few "hear, hear!"s rang out of the small crowd.

"There's always a reason."

Cue dramatic eye rolls.

Batman needed to tone down his dramatic-ness: it was getting quite ridiculous.

"But,", Damian interjected, "this time there is more reasoning behind this."

Naturally, Jason made a curse-filled proclamation about Damian being 'a fucking dramatic little twat who knew too much for his own little fucking good': if you were to remove the more colourful cusses.