HiS CLoTHeS

•*•••*•••*•

WHEN ADRIEN HAD RETURNED, GABRIEL and Marinette were entirely wrapped up in a conversation of their own. He had asked her what her plans were for the future, and she was glad to talk about anything that wasn't what he caught her doing to his son. That, and the thrill of microbiological research was a fascinating topic all on its own.

Adrien didn't seem to like this fact much at all, hastily shoving the dry clothing in her face, impolitely interrupting. She was glad he had already taken the time to clothe himself.

"Adrien Preston, did you not think to grab the poor girl a towel? How do you expect her to wear dry clothes, only to soak them again? Honestly, is your brainpower nonexistent?" Gabriel was heavy on the scolding.

As for Marinette, she wasn't sure whether to laugh at or hug Adrien in comfort toward his parental misfortune. In reality, she did nothing to help him, choosing to wordlessly stew in the warm water of the hot tub.

Adrien gritted his teeth before peering over to Marinette. His glowing eyes did a once over, not lingering too long anywhere in particular. It was like he was checking to make sure that nothing happened to her physically.

Right as his inspection dropped to the curve of her breasts, the jets shut off conveniently. The girl was quick to squeal, covering herself while Gabriel rapidly pivoted, his back facing her.

"Did you see anything?" Adrien snarled toward his own father. Gabriel was flabbergasted. "Of course not! What kind of man do you take me for?" he questioned.

Either Adrien still had residual adrenaline in his system, or he was building up guts. "A manipulator," he hotly sneered, practically running away afterward to fetch a towel for the naked girl in the tub.

Gabriel huffed, more exhausted than irritated. "I'll be seeing you tomorrow at Adrien's shoot, right Miss. Dupain-Cheng?" he asked, keeping his front facing away. She was confused at the extension.

"I didn't know I was invited," Marinette said meekly, pressing the red button to turn the jets back on. Might as well enjoy the massaging sensation for as long as possible, right? Not to mention, there was no telling what Adrien would pull if her body was easily visible.

"Of course! I know we'd all love it if you were in attendance," Gabriel quipped, most likely a huge smile on his face.

"I'll ask Adrien for the details, but I'm sure I can make it," she lightly enthused, not wanting to make him any more disappointed.

"Great! Have a good night, Marinette," he said, both of his hands clasped at his lower back as he retreated back into the shadowy depths of the household.

When Adrien appeared again, she was looking up toward the sky and stargazing. Marinette didn't make any indication that she knew of his presence, so he snuck around behind her. From the top of the warm water, he could see some of her rosy cleavage; the rest was hidden from sight under flurries of bubbles.

He admired the curve of her neck, up to the pink in her sweet cheeks, resting on her bright blue eyes. He was smitten and there was no denying it.

"Are you going to continue to be a creep, or do I need to splash you until you stop?" she regarded, apparently serious as she cupped her hands chalk full of water.