Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Ten

"Excuse Me? I what?!" I practically shrieked at him, a headache now taking place of the whooshing air that had been in my head a moment ago. I winced as my head clouded with pain. The sun was suddenly so bright I felt the need to shut my eyes. I gasped and grabbed my head, man this was some headache, this was a gut wrenching headache the pain ripped through me blurring my vision and bile churned in my throat begging to spit out the contents of my stomach.

"I tried to tell you this would happen." I could clearly imagine his face with a half smug half sympathetic expression from behind my eyelids. "Come on, I know just the thing." It sounded like he was yelling but in reality he was whispering.

"Carry me." I whimpered holding out my arms in his general direction hoping he would oblige. He chuckled and I felt his arms wrap around the back of my knees as he pulled me up into a bridal style cradle. I squeezed my eyes shut and laid my head against his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck. I tried to focus on the smell of him instead of the lovely swaying back and forth we were doing as he walked. "Jesse? You're not contagious are you?" I asked him sweetly trying not to offend him. I smiled as I felt his chest shake with laughter... why is he laughing at me?

"No, it's just something that happens I'm not sure why but If it makes you feel any better, the last girl I kissed threw up all over me then passed out, comparatively... you're not doing so bad." He said thoughtfully. My blood churned and I mentally mocked the stupid girl that threw up all over my Jesse, my jealous monster was coming out. "Actually you're doing the best so far." he observed. Jeeze! How many girls has he kissed other than me? I really didn't need to hear about all his old girlfriends right now. "Unfortunately I couldn't explain to them what was going on, like I can you." He continued talking about the girlfriends I didn't want to hear about.

"Are you just ignoring what I'm thinking or are you purposefully trying to make me upset." I asked irritably, migraines do that to me.

"Actually I'm doing everything I can *not* to read you mind right now." He said as we reached the car.

"Why?" I asked annoyed, the one time I want him to read my mind and he decides now is a good time to block me out.

"Because I don't want your migraine." He chuckled and opened a car do and set me in the car. I groaned groggily and fought back the bile that rose in my throat. "Just relax and try and go to sleep." Jesse said as he got in the car. I didn't even bother to buckle my seat belt; I just laid my head in his lap and squeezed my eyes shut.

I woke up when I heard the engine cut. Jesse sat still watching me sleep as he had done that day a few months ago in my room. So much had changed since then. Back then I was too naive to put two and two together and I ignored all the signs; the way he could always guess what was on my mind, the way I always did whatever he asked... They were all there I just ignored them. But sitting here now looking back I couldn't believe I missed it. I raked back my eyes a little just enough so that he could see that I was awake. How many times had we sat in this position, and somehow it seemed different this time. "Hey, how ya feeling." He asked sweetly pushing my hair back from my face. I only groaned in response, my head aching, and slid my eyes closed again as I buried my face in his shirt. "Do you think you can walk?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah..." I squeaked quietly. I lifted my head slowly of his lap and it took everything I had not to scream. My head throbbed and felt too heavy for my neck. How does he live with this every day? This is awful! I finally made it into an upright position when I heard the car door open and I felt Jesse's arms wrap around me and then I felt my feet come in contact with the ground. The pavement even felt different than I remembered it, everything had just changed, yet nothing had. I felt Jesse's arm leave my waist and I took that as a signal that I was a go to walk. I reached out my foot and a falling sensation came over me and I slowly realized I was falling. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and cringed as I waited for the moment I would smack the pavement but it never came. "Woah, come on, we're almost there. You are steps away from your haven, You've found your incentive, run with it." He said straightening me up again. I cracked my eye lids open this time and made it a whole two steps before the process repeated its self. "Okay, this isn't working..." he murmured in my ear and before I knew it I was literally being swept off my feet as he scooped me into his arms.