Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Eight

'Are you just ignoring how many people are staring at you right now or do you really not notice?' I head Jesse's voice echo in my head. Dang that was getting annoying. I looked around as all my on lookers turned their eyes to the floor in embarrassment that they had been caught staring.

"Honestly you could have just said that out loud and for your information, I'm very accustomed to people staring at me so, no I didn't notice." He grinned lopsidedly at me. 'it's not as fun' he thought simply. I sighed irritated 'stop that!" I screamed at him in my head.

"Ow, now that was just uncalled for." He joked. I chuckled knowing I had won this battle as we walked toward my dorm. It'd been almost a month since he'd told me he had telepathy and nothing exciting had happened yet. The only thing that had happened is we figured out an ulterior form of communication, as demonstrated a moment ago. It's kind of cool to be able to talk to him during class without getting caught. We don't even have to be sitting next to each other, he could be across the room, and depending on the day even in another room. If I'm not looking at Jesse I don't even notice that he's not moving his lips, the only indication that he wasn't actually speaking is his voice sounds deeper in his head. I like his voice in his head it sounds huskier and sweeter than it does when he's talking. Despite how much I like the sound of his voice it's just not enough for me to want to talk to him silently all the time. Sometimes he slips and lets me hear things I really don't want to hear.

We finally reached my dorm in a comfortable silence and when I had finally closed the door Jesse instantly got an uncomfortable look on his face. "What's up?" I asked curiously wondering what was wrong.

"So, you know how Christmas break is coming up?" he said looking at the floor. I nodded and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come meet my family..." I stared at him with my mouth open was he getting at something? My expression must have said something like horror because he blushed embarrassed thinking I was going to say no. "I mean you don't have to of course I just thought since you said you weren't going home... and I didn't want to leave you here by yourself..." his face was getting redder by the question and I didn't come to his rescue. I was still he shock he'd never blushed before in front of me. "Um... you know what just um forget I asked." I finally snapped out of my state enough to hear what he was saying. His face was burning "Wait no sorry I was just... out of it" I couldn't believe it but his face was still getting redder. "I would love to come with you." I smiled at him trying to make him feel better. "If you don't believe me read my mind." I joked. He cracked a grin on his full lips.

"Really? Cause my mom was happy to hear I'd finally found a quote on quote 'normal' friend." He made air quotes. He stepped closer to me and I looked up into his blue eyes boring into mine. 'Did I ever tell you, you have the most amazing smile' another one of his thoughts slipping into my mind. I ignored it as usual not wanting to embarrass him. What if he actually did mean for me to hear it? What if he liked me back? Gosh what's happening to me? I'm becoming one of those girls who freaks out over nothing and tries to figure out what thing mean when in reality they mean nothing. Jeeze I need some ice cream.

"Do you have anything planned or are we just going to sit here like this all day." He said curiously. We were inches apart and I couldn't do anything about it but dream.

"You should probably tell me about your family." I said quietly as he backed away from me smirking. I blushed he'd heard that he'd seen me imagine kissing him, Jeeze. I'd almost kissed him once but he'd turned me down. It was that day he told me he had telepathy. I'd woke up the next day on the couch alone and freaked out only to see he'd been sitting in the chair across the room all along. He was sleeping peacefully his bare chest moved up and down slightly as he took even breaths. I smiled at him and walked to his bathroom with only one thing on my mind. I had to pee like non-other. I'd edged slowly out of the bathroom not wanting to wake him and I couldn't help but stare as I walked out of the bathroom. Gosh he was amazing. I licked my lips as I stared at his and found myself moving forward, acting on impulse as I always do, I mean what guy wouldn't want to wake up to see *me* kissing him? I sat on his lap, straddling him in the chair and his eyes fluttered slightly but he didn't stir so I assumed he was still asleep. I put my forehead to his and licked my lips nervously, what if he *wasn't* happy to see me. 'What are you doing?' I heard his sweet voice in my head and jumped 10 feet in the air, I wasn't used to it at the point. His eyes fluttered open and I froze caught by his stare. "Hey." He whispered. I closed my eyes feeling his breath on my face.