Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Four

I most likely would have spent the rest of the morning stupidly holding my forehead, if someone hadn't knocked of the door. I ran to the door and flung it open hoping it was Jesse. My face fell when I saw Jade in the door, I rolled my eyes and stood aside to let her in. "Wow good morning to you too sunshine." She said sarcastically "Why aren't you dressed? You already missed breakfast." She said looking around my room. I missed breakfast? Jeeze how long had I been asleep? I was too confused to eat anyway. Did Jesse know I was awake? No, he couldn't have, he wouldn't have done that if he knew I was. That means I'm not supposed to know he likes me... does he even like me? The better question was why do I care? "Tiffany?" Jade said waving her hand in front of my face. I came back from my thoughts and stared at her. "You better get ready for class." She said snootily "I have to go." She stomped in her Jimmy Chu's all the way to the door.

"Bye." I called after her. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the door slam. I sunk down in the chair by the window and closed my eyes trying to remember his voice. I had no idea what I was going to do when I saw him today. My eyes shot open when I remembered I hadn't showered. I ran to the mirror and almost screamed. My hair was crazy, my eyes were red, and I had deep purple circles under my eyes. My skin was drier than dry and had an oily shine to it. I shuddered and ran to take a quick shower. I ran to my drawers, a towel tied around my head drying my soaking wet hair, and grabbed the first thing I saw. I pulled on a white shirt that flowed down my front. I wore white sandals and a pair of dark faded skinny jeans. I admired my reflection in the mirror and ripped the towel off my head and ran to the bathroom. I blew dry my hair and straightened it. To complete my hair ensemble, I put small curls at the ends, then I threw in a small bow and ran to grab my first period books. I threw on a silver, quarter length sleeve jack and ran out the door and all the way to my first class. I stopped in front of the door and bent over gasping for air. I glanced at the clock on my phone. I had 1 minute till the bell, I stood upright and put on my happy face. I smiled and opened the door and slid in. I felt my heart pick-up in my chest as I walked toward him. What am I supposed to say to him? Will he say anything about yesterday? "Hey." I said as he looked up.

"Hi." He answered shortly, his guard back up.

"So, I'm sorry I fell asleep last night." I said trying to get him to talk about this morning.

"Nah it's cool I had stuff to do last night anyway." He said shrugging. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just went home and did homework and stuff you know." He said casually as he walked over to the laptops. Went home? Why wouldn't he just admit he was there? I opened my mouth to protest "can we just drop it." He interrupted seeming to know I was going to argue.

"Fine, well maybe today we can actually get some work done." I said smiling at him, he just looked at me as I grinned dumbly.

"Would you stop that, you look stupid." He practically growled. I frowned at him, he was so much nicer when it was just us. I ran my fingers through my hair and caught the tips and started twirling it around my finger; it's my nervous habit. For the first time this morning I noticed how many people were looking at me. I grinned remembering I was a celebrity, people love me and think I'm pretty. I looked to Jesse, who was focused on his lap top, and felt my heart twinge. I brushed off the feeling. The only reason I felt like my heart was splitting in two was because I was angry he wouldn't admit he liked me. Being indifferent doesn't make you cool, it makes you weird and... and just mean. I was still ranting in my head when the bell rang. Class is already over? He hasn't even looked at me since I walked in this morning.

"See ya at 7." He said more as a reminder than confirmation, as he swiftly moved toward the door.

"Um, yeah maybe we shouldn't work on the song tonight..." I said tactfully.