34 ~ Malfoy the Stupid, Idiotic Git

Emma was laughing and couldn't stop. Ron had just told her about the Howler his mom had sent him.

"Would you stop? It's not funny." Ron exclaimed.

"Yes it is! I bet you were so embarrassed." Emma teased.

"I was! Now stop!" Ron said.

"Okay, okay, I will." Emma said, "Look, here comes trouble."

The Gryffindor and Slytherin  Quidditch teams were confronting each other. Emma hurried over, followed closely by Hermione, Ron, and Venus. Oliver Wood, the captain of the Gryffindor team was reading something off a scroll.

"-the Slytherin team use of the Quidditch pitch in order to train their new Seeker." Oliver read, "You've got a new Seeker? Who?" The Slytherin team parted and their Seeker stepped forward.

"Malfoy?" Emma asked in disbelief. Draco Malfoy stood there smirking.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year." Malfoy said, showing off his broom.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's! How'd you get those?" Ron asked in awe.

"A gift from Draco's father." The Slytherin captain, Marcus Flint, said.

"Unlike some, my father can afford the best." Malfoy said.

"Well at least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermione said, "They got in on pure talent."

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Malfoy seethed. Hermione's face formed a disgusted and insulted expression. Ron's was full of anger. Harry's was confused. And Venus looked about ready to break Malfoy in half. Emma glared daggers at Malfoy.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy! Eat slugs!" Ron shouted, aiming his wand at the blonde git. A green light shot out of Ron's wand, but it didn't hit Malfoy, it hit Ron. He was thrown backwards and landed in the grass. Harry and Hermione immediately went to his side, but Venus and Emma stood their ground. Emma was vaguely aware that a crowd had gathered around Ron, but she payed no attention. Her gaze zeroed in on Malfoy and she felt herself moving forward until she stood directly in front of him. Malfoy was about five inches taller than Emma was, but she didn't back down.

"You're a git, you know that?" Emma said.

"What of it, Quinn?" Malfoy asked, smirking.

"I hope you rot in Hell." Emma seethed.

"That the best you got?" Malfoy asked.

"Would you rather me beat you to a pulp?" Emma asked.

"Right, because you'd totally do that." Malfoy smirked.

Emma turned her head and saw that Harry and Hermione had taken Ron somewhere. Then she turned back to face Malfoy. He was smirking, along with the rest of his teammates.

Emma pulled out her wand and stabbed his chest with it. His smirk disappeared and he stepped back a few inches.

"You going to curse me, Quinn?" Malfoy asked, his smirk returning. Emma sighed and put her wand away. Then she turned around, thought better of it, and swung her fist. Her knuckles collided with Malfoy's nose and he staggered backwards. Then Emma pushed him to the ground and started punching him. He cried out and she slapped him across the face.

"Emma! Emma, stop!" A voice called out. She could feel hands against her arms, trying to pull her up. She got in one last punch before two arms gripped her around the waist and pulled her off of Malfoy. Emma saw him laying there, whimpering, and was filled with horror. She was definitely getting detention for this. She glanced behind her and got a look at the person carrying her. George. Venus was walking beside him, holding her school bag.

"George, let me go!" Emma said. George dropped her on the grass.

"Emma, what were you thinking?" Venus asked.

"I was thinking Malfoy should be taught a lesson." Emma said calmly, standing up.

"Yeah, but one punch would've sufficed!" George said.

"If I get in trouble, so be it." Emma said, "Though I don't think I will, Malfoy would die before admitting I beat him up."

"That's very true, he has a lot of pride." Venus said.

Emma glanced back at where she'd beaten Malfoy and saw that they had gone. Only a few Hufflepuffs remained. Emma started heading back to the bench they'd been sitting on to get her books. Hermione's and Ron's were there as well, so she stuffed them in her bag too. Then she went with Venus to the common room.