21 ~ Siblings and Healing

The tour went from the Big House to the climbing wall, the place where they had campfires and sing-a-longs. After that it was to the cabins. Will told Emma who all the cabins belonged to, and if anyone was living in them.

"We just got a son of Poseidon a few days ago. Zeus doesn't have any kids, Hera's is honorary. Artemis is a virgin goddess, her cabin is honorary except when the hunters visit. Our cabin, Apollo's, is right there." Will pointed to a golden cabin with a large sun above the door. Will opened the door and let Emma go in first. There were only a few kids in the cabin, mostly girls as the boys were playing basketball. Will introduced Emma to the kids and gave her the bunk in the far corner. After Emma put her bag down on the bed, she went over to sit with the girls on the floor. They were chatting about the last capture-the-flag game.

"Hey, it's Emma right?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah, Emma Quinn." Emma said.

"You're British? Oh, the Aphrodite girls are gonna be so jealous." Another girl said.

"I'm Carly Shane, and this is Fawn Thomas, and that's Sadie Jacobs." The last girl said. Carly had brown hair and green eyes, much like Emma's mum. Fawn had blonde hair that was so bright it looked like a light bulb. Sadie had hair like fire, it was golden red and when she moved, it danced. Will sat next to Emma in the circle and Emma saw that he looked a lot like Apollo. There was only one other boy in the cabin, a boy who was bandaging the leg of a rabbit. Will told Emma the boy's name was David Velp and he was the best healer in Apollo cabin.

"Healer? Like healing injuries?" Emma asked.

"Exactly like that." Will said.

"Bloody Hell, can I do that?" Emma asked. The girls laughed at Emma's British slang. Will offered a smile.

"If you can, you will. Not many can heal very well. I'm pretty good myself, but David's the best." Will said.

"Ok, anyone have an injury? I wanna try." Emma asked, looking around.

"Emma, healing isn't necessarily the best thing, it drains you. When you heal, you give your strength to the magic that is healing the injury." Carly said.

"I still wanna try. It sounds like fun." Emma shrugged. The cabin door opened and two boys came in, dragging another boy with them. The boy's foot was facing the wrong way, and he was groaning about the pain.

Emma stood up and told the boy's to put the injured one on the bed next to her.

"Emma, you sure you wanna do this?" Will asked.

"Absolutely." Emma said.

The boy was thrashing his head from side to side, a broken ankle obviously hurt a lot. Emma was handed a bottle of some liquid and a bag of little cookie things.

"Nectar and ambrosia." Will explained.

Emma suddenly knew what to do, she moved the boy's foot so that it was facing the right way and shoved a cookie -- ambrosia -- in his mouth. The boy chewed it and swallowed, then Emma set to work. She poured a bit of nectar on the boy's foot and placed her hands on it. Emma willed the nectar to seep into the boy's foot and heal the bones, then she poured a bit of nectar in the boy's mouth and stepped back. The boy was no longer groaning in pain, he was lying calmly on the bed.

"Emma, that was amazing!" Sadie exclaimed.

"You didn't even have to splint Connor's foot!" Fawn said in awe.

"She's way better than David." Carly said to Will.

"How did you do that?" Will asked.

"I just made the nectar go heal his bones." Emma shrugged.

"You made it do that?" Will asked in awe, "That's not possible, the nectar would just heal the skin." Will said.

"I felt his bones heal. They lined up and another layer of bone sealed them together. It was simple, really." Emma said.

"That's amazing." Carly said, "Even David can't do that."

The boy -- Connor -- then opened his eyes. He swung his legs out of bed and stood up.

"What are you all staring at?" Connor asked.

"Connor, is your leg alright?" Fawn asked.

"It's fine-" Connor said, then focused on Emma, "Why is she glowing?"

Emma looked down at herself, sure enough her skin was emitting a golden glow, like an aura.

"I just healed you." Emma said.

Connor looked down at his feet, "I don't feel any different. Well, I guess I'm energized, but no pain at all."

"I just healed you," Emma repeated.

"And who are you?" Connor asked.

"Emma Quinn, daughter of Apollo." Emma said.

"I'm Connor Brody, son of Apollo," Connor said.

"Connor, Emma just healed your broken ankle. You don't feel any pain at all?" Will asked.

"Nope, am I supposed to?" Connor said.

"Yes, at least a little bit. I guess Emma is just that good." Carly said.

Emma's new siblings stared at her like fresh meat, and it was not a good feeling.

"We have to tell Chiron." Will said.

"I'll take her." Fawn said.

Emma followed Fawn to the Big House. Chiron was playing a game on the porch with Mr. D -- Dionysus.

"Chiron, Emma is a natural healer. She just healed Connor's broken ankle with no problem and he doesn't feel a thing." Fawn said.

"Emma healed Connor? He's fine, no pain at all?" Chiron asked.

"She's better than David, and that's saying something." Fawn said.

Chiron studied Emma, his eyes were like piercing lasers that burned into her soul. She knew Chiron was trying to figure her out, but having no luck.

"Emma, how did you heal Connor?" Chiron asked. Emma explained what she did and Chiron listened carefully.

"Emma, I don't think the nectar was the thing that healed Connor." Chiron said. Emma looked at him in confusion.

"Sure, it might have helped, but you were the one that healed him. Power flows through you, the ability to heal is only one gift among thousands. Not many can heal without medicines or nectar and ambrosia, but you can. If I may speak to you privately I will explain more." Chiron said, glancing at Fawn. Emma's half-sister left them and Chiron lead Emma into the house.