15 ~ Hagrid and Neville

Emma, Venus, Harry, Hermione, and Ron had just finished their exams and were walking outside when all of a sudden, Harry stopped.

"Of course," Harry whispered.

"What?" Ron asked.

Harry started walking again, but this time much faster and in a different direction. Now they were headed to Hagrid's.

"Don't you think it's a bit strange that all Hagrid ever wanted was a dragon and a stranger shows up that just happened to have one? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry said.

The five Gryffindors walk even faster so as to get to Hagrid's quickly.

"Hagrid, that stranger at the pub, what did he look like?" Harry asked when they got there.

"I don't know, he kept his hood up the whole time." Hagrid said.

"Well you must have talked to him, what did he say?" Emma asked.

"Well he was asking what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, after Fluffy, a dragon would be a piece of cake." Hagrid said.

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Hermione asked.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy! How many three headed dogs to you come across? And I told him, the key to any creature is to know how to calm it. Take Fluffy for example, just play a bit of music and he'll fall straight to sleep!" Hagrid said, then his face fell. "I shouldn't have told you that."

"Thanks Hagrid!" Venus said, grinning. Then all five of them ran back up to the castle.

When they got to professor McGonagall's office, Harry said immediately, "We need to see Professor Dumbledore!"

"I'm sorry, but Professor Dumbledore is not here. He got an urgent owl from the ministry and left immediately for London." McGonagall said.

"He's gone?" Harry asked.

"Professor, we need to tell him that someone's going to try and steal the sorcerer's stone!" Emma said.

"Well, I don't know how you found out about the stone, but I assure you it is very well protected!" McGonagall said with shock plastered on her face, "Now, off you go."

Emma slumped her shoulders in defeat and walked out of the office, her friends with her.

"Listen, we'll go down the trap door. Tonight." Harry said when they huddled outside McGonagall's office.

Ron and Hermione began arguing, but Emma wasn't paying attention. She was too busy watching Snape close in on them.

"Good Afternoon," he said, startling everyone but Emma. "What would five young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?" Hermione stuttered trying to come up with an excuse, but Snape interrupted her.

Emma could no longer hear what her friends and Snape were saying, her vision blurred. Suddenly a strawberry field filled her vision. She reached out to touch one, but her hand passed through it as if it was made of air. Then she was brought back to reality, standing with her friends.

"...might think you're... up to something." Snape had just finished talking. Emma glanced at her friends, trying to see if any of them had seen a strawberry field during Snape's speech. If any of them had, they were doing a good job of hiding it.

"Miss Quinn, your advanced potions lesson will be put on hold until the start of next year. I trust you'll use the free time wisely." Snape said and turned away, heading back the way he'd come.

Emma breathed a sigh of relief, Snape's lessons were getting harder and she needed a break. Just the day before, Snape had her working on a fourth year potion. It was rather difficult, but she finished it, although she was exhausted and went straight to bed after that.

Emma glanced back at her friends who were standing exactly as they had been before.

"So, tonight then?" Venus whispered loud enough for the rest of them to hear.

"I guess so." Emma whispered back.

"Harry's cloak won't fit all of us under it, will it?" Hermione asked.

"I don't think so, but we can try." Harry said. Then the five of them headed up to the Gryffindor common room.

At approximately 8:10, Harry brought his cloak down. It turned out that only  four people could fit under the cloak, so Venus offered to stay behind.

"You're sure?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, plus it'll be easier with only four people. You guys go, I'll wait here for you to come back." Venus said.

"I don't want to leave you behind." Emma said.

"It's fine, really. Plus you guys were the ones who found out, it should be you who goes." Venus said.

"Okay," Emma said, offering a small smile. She didn't like leaving Venus behind, but what choice did she have? None.

Just as Emma turned to leave, Neville emerged from behind a chair.

"Neville, go back to bed." Hermione said.

"No, you're sneaking out again, aren't you? You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again." Neville said.

"Neville-" Emma began.

"No! I won't let you!" Neville almost shouted.

Venus stepped forward and grabbed Neville's arm, "Come on, Neville, just leave them be." She said.

"No! I'm tired of everyone saying how weak I am. I won't let you go." Neville said.

"Neville, we don't think you're weak." Emma said.

"Well you can't leave, I'll- I'll fight you." Neville said, raising his fists.

"Neville, I'm really sorry about this," Hermione raised her wand, "Petrificus Totalus." Instantly, Neville froze. Not even his eyes moved, and once Venus let go of him, he fell to the floor in the exact same position.