chapter 2

Shayne:

I walked in late today and saw Olivia look up at me and smile, which made warmth spread through me. I shivered and smiled back as I sat down next to her. 

I casually placed my arm behind her like it was no big deal, like we were just friends. I knew I couldn't have feelings for her but her smile and laugh and humor just made it so difficult. Another reason I was so attracted to her was because she was so hard to get. Whenever I made a joke Courtney and Noah would laugh hysterically but she would just smile and look at me. It made me even more determined to make her laugh, to hear the wonderful tinkly sound it made.

When we finished shooting the video, Courtney came up to us and asked if we wanted to all go have dinner together.

"It'll be fun! C'mon. And Keith's going to come too." She smiled at us. 

I waited to hear Olivia's answer. If she was going then I would go too.

"Yeah, sure. I have nothing else to do anyways," Olivia laughed. Noah also agreed to come.

"I'll come too," I said. I just wanted to see Olivia more. I wanted to somehow talk to her more. Maybe if we became really really close I wouldn't be attracted to her in that way anymore. 

"Alright, see you there guys!" Courtney gave us the address and told us to be there at 8 PM. It was already 6:30 and I needed to go home and change. I headed home and looked through my closet. Why couldn't I have bought more nice clothes? I wondered. In the end I decided to wear a red sweater and black jeans. 

When I reached the dinner place I looked around for the squad. I found Noah and Keith sitting on a table in the back so I went over and sat next to them. We talked and laughed for a while until Courtney and Olivia walked in together. 

Courtney was wearing a black dress with black boots and she looked really pretty. But then Olivia walked in and I forgot all about Courtney. She was wearing a pretty casual skirt and shirt but her skirt showed off her legs more than usual. I tried to make eye contact and smiled at both of them.  I made room next to me for them to sit. Olivia sat next to me and then Courtney on the other side of her. 

This was going to be a long dinner.