Would I

"Emilia, catch." Clark threw a grape on me and I opened my mouth to catch it. It hit my left cheek and it fell on the blanket.

I groaned. "Clark, you don't even know how to throw!"

He laughed at me. "Me? You don't know how to catch!" He picked up the grape I didn't catch and ate it. He took another small grape. "One more." He bounced the fruit on his hand. "If you didn't catch this, you know what it means."

I nodded at him. He threw the grape and I opened my mouth once more. The fruit hit the corner of my mouth and I tried to quickly get the fallen fruit. "Oh come on! That was close!" I threw it back on him and he laughed, trying to dodge it.

Clark ate the last pieces of grapes and laid down on the blanket. "What time is it?" I asked him. My phone died a few minutes ago.

"Almost midnight in four minutes." He patted the space beside him. "Lay down, I heard that a shooting star is about to pass at this hour."

I chuckled and laid next to him. "Where did you hear that?"

"I heard some of your friends in another classroom just yesterday."

We stared at the stars above us as it twinkled. The wind was cold, and Clark placed his jacket on top of us. "Thanks."

"Move closer," he said. "I could feel you shaking."

"You should've let me change into some more comfortable clothes, Clark." I scooted closer and looked at him. My breathing hitched when I realized how close our faces were. It was enough that we were about to kiss if Clark moved his head a bit closer.

"I don't want you to miss it." He looked above us again as he placed his arm behind my neck. I placed my head on his chest as we waited for the shooting star he was talking about.

"Those aren't even real... The shooting stars, the wish." I snorted.

"So what, at least it's a sight to see."

I smiled at him. "I know."

Clark raised his hand in the sky and pointed. "It's coming closer."

I squinted my eyes, but I couldn't see anything. "Clark, you're forgetting I don't have the same power as you."

He chuckled. "I want you to be ready."

Clark and I cuddled down on the blanket as the meteor was starting to appear on earth. I snuggled closer, I wanted to be together with him. I wanted to know how his lips taste like. But we were just friends, close enough to be comfortable in doing things like this; cuddling. But I wanted more.

The shooting star passed, and I quickly wished that I'll kiss him sooner. Like really kiss him. Even if I just said I didn't believe in those things.

"What did you wish for?" Clark asked.

I looked at him. "That's a secret, you said it wouldn't come true if you share it."

He smiled at me. A favorite smile of mine.

* * *

I watched Bruce as he moved in the kitchen. My palm on my chin and elbow on top of the counter. It had been a lazy morning and I hoped Bruce actually planned a date, otherwise I would've been mad if he started saying that he finally saw the person who hurt me. I didn't even know if he had taken a rest from it.

"Bruce," I said as I stared at his bared back. The pan hissed. "Why are you cooking today?" It wasn't that I didn't want him to. But he rarely cooks at all. I even forgot if he even knew how to cook at all.