Next Day

"You have to press both keys." I gently pressed the high and low D note and A-sharp. "Then after that, press this." I placed my hand on the highest D note and pressed it, letting out a high sound.

Clark imitated what I did on the lower keys, pressing different tones. I softly laughed, and he just glanced at me, chuckling at his failed attempt. I placed my hand on top of his and started guiding him. Clark and I have been playing piano for the past hours. He saw me playing as soon as he stepped foot into his room and asked if I could teach him.

So far he has been doing well and coping up with me. Except for a few distractions here and there.

"Did you get it?"

"Again, Emmie."

I leaned on his chest and groaned then I chuckled. "It's just four keys, Clark." He laughed and his chest vibrated against my back. I guided him once again, slowly. "It's just that easy."

I turned to look at him who was staring at me than the keys. "Don't look at me. Look at the keys for goodness' sake. No wonder you can't keep up with me whenever I teach you."

He chuckled and shook his head, looking down on our hand. "You just look beautiful."

"And you look handsome, but you asked me to teach you so you better listen to me."

"Yes, ma'am," he laughed once again, feeling his vibrating chest on my back. He looked at me, "But let's continue this in another day. We've been playing for hours."

"We've been playing for hours and you can't even memorize the keys I taught you."

"I was just busy staring at you."

"Remind me not to teach you again if you don't even want to learn."

"I'm learning, Em. I wasn't always looking at you. I didn't want to waste your hard work teaching me."

"Well, thank you for your consideration."

He suddenly lifted me and stood up. We always have lighthearted arguments. More like bantering to be precise. If we ever had a fight, we would end up saying our apology for one another. Then we would end up cuddling in bed in silence with our arms wrapped around each other in a secured grip.

Clark dropped me on the bed and he did the same to himself. We just stared at the ceiling with an empty sound but chirps of birds from the fields. Then he looked at me and suggested, "Do you want to buy some ice cream in town?"

* * *

The play last night was exhausting. After my job at the stage, people have been lining up to take my picture and I was photographed with the others, some even interviewed me. Stories from the Daily Planet sure do run around like electricity in the city. My phone has been notifying invitations and what Bruce did had a huge effect (Or what Clark did).

I went home that hour slumping down on the bed with my formal dress still on it. I didn't have enough energy to remove it and went straight to slumber.

I only woke up when a text came up to my phone. I reluctantly opened my mobile and saw a time. My eyes widened when I saw Clark's name at the end of the message. He just told me that we could meet up at two p.m. I looked at my clock and it was already eleven a.m.

I wasn't going to lie that I felt a bit down when his message didn't start the way what it used to be. I didn't have to expect it. We weren't, in fact, together. My eyes bore at the screen. Good morning, Emilia. It was so casual.