Hang Out

"What's that?" I peeked over Clark's shoulders. He was reading a letter and his face was serious.

He folded back the letter and placed it back in the envelope. Clark shook his head. "It's nothing. It's just a letter from Hailey."

"A... letter about what?" I narrowed my eyes at him. I tried to get the letter, but he reached his arm out. "Why aren't you letting me see it?" I chuckled. "She confessed to you or something?"

I expected a smile from him, but he was quiet.

"Hmm," I quietly said. "A confession letter then." I stopped from reaching it. I felt myself getting jealous. "Hailey from your batch?"

He nodded.

"What did she say?"

"Well... a confession. That's why it's a confession letter."

"Clark, you're starting to annoy me." I crossed my arms, or I was just really jealous. But I shouldn't be. "Two pages confession letter?" What did Hailey write for it to get that long?

He sighed. "She just confessed that she has taken a liking at me for the past years and expressed her feelings through the letter. She's wondering what my thoughts are and if I wanted to go out with her this week if I could."

I stared at him and he did the same. "Oh."

"That's the summary, she just told me how she fell for me that's why it was too long."

"So..." I placed my hand in my pockets. "You're going out with her then?" Please say no.

"We'll see." I almost frowned at his answer. "She seems like a nice girl." And I'm not nice? I felt like my heart was punched.

"What about our plans this week?" My voice became soft. There was a festival going on and everything would be on sale. Clark and I rarely went to festivals and if we did, I wanted to make the most of it. It seemed like the plans changed. I silently cleared my throat. "I'm just joking. You could go with her, just tell me what happened right after your date."

His brows suddenly quirked, he left the letter on the table and sat on his bed. "Who are you going with then?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm going alone. It can't be that bad. Besides, you might slow me down this time."

He scoffed. "Definitely not happening, I'm going with you."

My eyes widened. "What? What about Hailey?"

"I don't like her the way she likes me."

* * *

"So much for a bloody anniversary," I muttered as I stared on the mirror, observing the cut. Luckily, Alfred had told me the cut wasn't too deep to need stitches. And I was getting caught up with Alfred's most common words around Bruce. I almost chuckled at the thought of Alfred getting irritated every now and then.

I turned at the two men talking. We were at Bruce's Batcave as they tried to make some sense to what happened to me.

"Well, as we can see the person was using gloves when we didn't see any fingerprints," Alfred said to Bruce. And about the smeared blood as well, it was confirmed that it was mine.

I was stuck with Bruce for the past days and he never left my side. Apparently, this was more dangerous than what happened in the alley since Bruce stated I had been targeted. But for what reason? That person could literally cut anyone in the party. If they wanted money, they came for the wrong person. To compare my income from Bruce, let's just say I only get more or less two percent considering my career.