I was roaming around the Batcave for hours and he won't even allow me to leave. A single cut was just a cut, nothing important. I thought I could almost memorize all of Bruce's items scattered on the tables from being bored.

"It's a warning," I heard Bruce say. "Clearly written there, Alfred. Be careful, and even had the thought to write a smiley face."

I glanced at him before sitting down on a couch. There he was again, being back to the poker-faced Wayne. I tried to tell them that it was just a mere accident. Nothing else happened after that and they were trying to solve it as if it was a missing case.

Clark also became worried, he wanted to see me. But with Bruce's overprotectiveness prevented that. I had to tell him that I was completely safe and sound at the moment.

"Just because there was a smiley face, Master Wayne, doesn't mean it's from Joker."

I wanted to laugh.

Bruce gave him a look. "I never said that."

Alfred sighed as he removed his glasses to wipe it on his shirt. "You were thinking of it."

"I didn't," Bruce said.

"Guys," I called out. The men turned to me. "Can we all stop now? We've been in here for who knows how long. It's nothing—"

Bruce rubbed his forehead. "You know it's not nothing, Emilia. There was a note near your feet with your blood on it." I frowned at him. I already knew that, but I was on denial. I didn't want to think about it that much and be paranoid. But actually, I was, I just didn't want to go anywhere and kept on looking around as if someone was following me.

When the party ended, I was glad that it wasn't on the news. Only gossips around. I didn't want to deal with paparazzi following me and asking questions if I had made some enemies or not. To think of it, I knew I didn't have any. I was a quiet person when they didn't know me, it would be impossible for me to have them.

I remembered my dad talking to Bruce, hearing him say that no matter what, don't leave me unattended and always keep me protected. And Bruce was already doing it, even if my dad didn't say those words, Bruce would still do the same.

Before we went home that night. Bruce made sure to give a ride for my parents, Martha, Alexa's family and Gina. Clark declined when Bruce said his name, saying that they won't be needing it. Clark gave me an embrace before whispering to me that I would be fine and that he would keep an ear out.

I was fiddling with my phone when I saw Bruce approached me. He took my hand and pulled me up. We started walking as he placed a hand on my lower back. I turned back to where they once stood, and I saw Alfred cleaning up the table.

"Let's go home," Bruce quietly said.

I merely nodded as he led the way to the car. Everything turned quiet and slowly, the lights were off one by one. I had no idea what time it was, but I felt exhausted even though I didn't do much but look around and sit.

We entered the car and he started driving. I was looking out the window when his hand clasped mine on my lap. "I'm just worried, you know?" Bruce started. I turned to him who was staring straight ahead. "I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I understand that." I squeezed his hand. "But with just a note, Bruce, it won't give you any lead to who done it."

He didn't speak but glanced at me. He sighed deeply and placed his hand behind my neck before returning his hand on mine. "I love you," he quietly stated.