Chapter 4

Paiton watched blankly as Deathstrike dragged in the unconscious form of Cyclops followed by Stryker who was wheeling in Xavier, also unconscious. Deep in the back of her mind she felt something was wrong and she should help them but it was overtaken when Stryker ordered her to lock up the Professor in a special holding cell. She obeyed silently, halfway to the cell Xavier started to wake up and looked around groggily.

            “Chaos… what are you doing?” He mumbled as he started to become more alert.

            Paiton glared down at him. “Silence, and maybe Stryker will let you live.”

            She felt him enter her mind and quickly burned him to make him stop. Paiton pushed his chair into the cell before locking it and walking away. She felt a sharp pain and let out a short scream of surprise, Paiton faintly knew the reason but the controller Stryker had used on her was blocking her thought process so she didn’t comprehend what was going on. As if on cue Stryker came running down the hall followed by Deathstrike and Cyclops, who now had a blank look on his face as well, they guided her to a small medical wing. Paiton saw a doctor take out a needle and come towards her.

            “Make sure she’s unconscious, I don’t want her to remember what we’re doing or die on us.” Stryker ordered before leaving.

            That was the last thing Paiton heard before the drug took over and knocked her out.

            Hours later Cyclops obediently followed Stryker back into the room and saw blood, more than normal while Paiton was still knocked out, there was an irritating though at the back of his head that said he needed to help her and get his brother but his thoughts kept getting jumbled up. In the doctors arms was a little baby wrapped up in a blanket, Stryker motioned for the doctor to hand it to Cyclops and he held it awkwardly.

            “Take the child… my men have come back with students from that ‘School for the Gifted’ take it to them. They can watch it until I’m ready to use them in my experiments.” Stryker ordered.

            Cyclops nodded and left silently, the child started squirming and crying in his arms but he ignored it. The students looked up from the special containment room they were in and the guards moved in front of the door.

            “Move, Stryker ordered me to put the child in there.” Cyclops told them.

            The guards unlocked the door and took out their guns incase any of the kids tried to escape, Cyclops walked inside and saw one of the younger kids, Artie, the faint memory came to him, run over to him.

            “Cyclops are you here to help us?” He asked.

            “Stryker wants you here.” Cyclops replied mechanically. “Now here’s a new roommate… oh and if he dies Stryker will probably kill you in a very painful way.”

            Artie looked at the baby Cyclops had handed him in bewilderment and the other students watched nervously as he glared at them coldly and walked out. The guards locked the doors behind him and going back to Stryker for his next orders.

            Paiton woke up feeling extremely weak; she looked around and saw she was back in her room Stryker had assigned her to. Groggily, she stood up and stumbled a little towards the door, she couldn’t quite place it but something didn’t feel right, the harder she tried to remember what it could be though the more jumbled her thoughts became. Finally giving up she slowly made her way around until she found Stryker wheeling a kid in a wheel chair that was bald and extremely pale, he saw her and smiled warming.

            “Nice to see you’re awake.” Stryker lied as he saw Paiton.

            “What happened… why do I feel weird?” She rasped as the world still spun slightly around her.

            “I don’t know what happened, on of my agents found you passed out. As for why you might be feeling bad, well you probably hit your head on something.”

            He watched as uncertainty flashed across his puppet’s features but it quickly passed and she nodded in agreement. “I guess… it would explain why I can’t remember.”

            “My son Jason and I are getting ready to pay Professor Xavier a visit, join us?” Stryker asked although it was an order.

            “Of course.” Paiton nodded before following them into the cell.