Chapter 3

Jean waited outside of the jet for Cyclops to come back, all she knew was that the Professor had taken him along to go visit Magneto in his cell but so far they hadn’t returned. The others were sitting in the jet waiting to go and she could tell they were getting impatient, sighing; Jean walked into the jet and sat beside Storm.

            “Take off, Scott isn’t coming.” Jean told her.

            Storm turned on the jet and the basketball court above them slide apart so they could leave. “I hope they’re okay…”

            “I’m sure they’re fine.” Darwin said. “It’s Charles, he knows what he’s doing.”

            They took off and Storm took off towards Alpine Lake, none of them noticed a military helicopters and cars heading towards the school. Unfortunately, because they didn’t have any reason to hide the jet yet, Striker did. He ordered his men to shoot at it and the basketball court. Two missiles shot out of the helicopter next to his, one had a direct hit into the ground while the other missile took a little longer. The mutants flying the jet noticed the missile after them and did some evasive maneuvers but eventually they saw the explosion signaling that they hit it.

            “Okay, take us down! Remember get as many mutants as you can!” Stryker ordered. “And you six, come with me. We’re going to find Cerebro.”

*****

            Wolverine couldn’t sleep so he went down to the kitchen to get a beer; he saw Bobby sitting there at the table but ignored him and got into the fridge.

            He scowled and looked at Bobby. “Got any beer?”

            “This is a school.” Bobby replied pointedly.

            “So that’s a no?”

            “Yeah, that’s a no.”

            “Got anything besides chocolate milk?”

            “There’s some root beer in the cabinet.” Bobby replied.

            Wolverine got a bottle out and held it out. “Do you mind?”

            Bobby rolled his eyes but used his power to freeze it. He sat down beside Bobby and took a drink; he was starting to relax until her heard the missile hit the basketball court in the back yard. Wolverine jumped up along with Bobby and ran to see what was going on. Around them the other students seemed to have the same idea as many of them ran out of their room and looked around.

            “What’s going on?” Havok asked as he made his way through the mass of students.

            “I don’t know.” Wolverine replied.

            Suddenly screams and shooting filled the air, Havok looked at Wolverine in bewilderment but Wolverine was already running off with his claws out to figure out what was going on.

            “Go to safety a gather as many students as you can.” Havok instructed Bobby.

            “But what about Rogue?” Bobby asked.

            “I’ll try to get to your friends don’t worry.”

            Havok ran off and followed the direction Wolverine had taken through the crowed, a dart flew past his head and he slowed down, ahead he could see government agents carrying guns and shooting out at the students. The ones that were hit collapsed on the ground and went quiet, he looked around as he backed away but couldn’t see Wolverine running or lying on the ground. The agents saw him and raised their guns, Havok didn’t want to attack them, that would just kill them and spread the rumor about how bad mutants were, instead he turned and ran, he found a student coming out of their room yawning and picked them up quickly.

            “Stay quiet and don’t move okay.” He ordered as he placed the little boy in a hidden tunnel. “If an agent finds you try to run.”

            “Wait… where are you going?”

            “To find some others.”

            Havok turned a corner and ran into Rogue, Pyro, and Bobby. Behind them Wolverine was trapped between ice and government agents.

            “Why did you leave him?” Havok glared at them.

            “He told us to!” Rogue replied while shaking in fear. “He said he had to get to Stryker.”

            “Idiot.”

            Havok heard actual gunshots ring out and the ice began to crack, after that though came a more disturbing noise; the sound of flesh and body armor being sliced open followed by agonizing screams getting cut short. He turned and led the students back to where her left the little boy but saw agents picking him up and carrying him away, they saw them and raised there guns, havok froze and made the others stay behind him protectively. He stepped forward so he wouldn’t hurt the others before sending an energy ring at them, the agents fell to the ground unmoving and Havok hurried the kids into the tunnel and waited for Wolverine, he didn’t have to wait long ether, Wolverine ran around the corner looking for them.

            “Go, I don’t know how long until Stryker sends more agents after us.” Wolverine growled.

            They ran through the tunnel until they found their way into the garage. Havok went over to his car but Wolverine grabbed his arm.

            “Let go we have to leave.” Havok said as he yanked his arm back.

            “We can’t take that car they’ll see us.” Wolverine led them to Cyclops’ car, which was dark blue, and they all got in. “Now this one. This one is harder to spot.”

            “Um, Logan how’re we going to start it?” Rogue asked.

            In response Wolverine made his middle claw appear and stuck it in the keyhole, the car started and he smirked. “That’s how… looks like schools out everyone!”