Chapter 2

Paiton woke up in a dark room with a dull light coming from down a hallway, she didn’t remember much about what happened but what she did remember was a mutant similar to Azazel teleporting into the hotel room and knocking her out, she could only imagine what was going through Alex’s head now. Footsteps walked towards her and a man with glassed stopped outside her cell, he grinned but it was cold and meaningless.

            “Good to see you’re awake. I’m William Stryker.” Paiton glared at him and tried to make flames appear, he noticed and continued to smile. “That won’t work. Your cell, like others here will contain your freakish power.”

            “Why am I here?” Paiton demanded.

            “To help me get what I want. Information about this mutant school and Cerebro.”

            Now it was Paiton who laughed, “I’ll never tell you that.”

            “I don’t believe you’ll have a choice.”

            He entered her cell followed by a mutant with long nails that were the same color as Wolverine’s claws. Paiton backed away and prepared to fight but the other mutant pinned her arms behind her back and forced her head down, Stryker came over with a needle and she tried to struggle but it was pointless.

            “Now you’re going to help me, unless you want me to hurt all of the other freaks you love in front of you… or the one that’s in you.” Stryker smirked as Paiton tried to get free again before making what he liked to call his ‘controller’ onto the back of her neck, right over the brain stem.

            Paiton winced as she felt it burning her before everything went black, a few moments later she opened her eyes and found herself kneeling on the floor while Strykyer and the other mutant stood in front of her.

            “Chaos how do you feel?” Stryker asked.

            Paiton wanted to attack him but couldn’t, “I feel fine… sir.”

            “Good, now follow Deathstrike, she’ll show you around and tell you our plan.”

            Paiton obeyed even though in the back of her mind her conscious was screaming not to listen and to attack, but that part was growing fainter, soon that doubt was gone and she wanted nothing more than to kill anyone who got in the way of Stryker’s plans.

*******

            Storm and Jean came back to the school with Nightcrawler, the mutants they passed by gave them curious looks but they continued to walk to Xavier’s office. When they got there Havok glanced up at them and didn’t finish what he was about to say, he glared at Nightcrawler and was about to attack but Professor Xavier made him stop.

            “I see you found him.” Xavier said.

            “Yes, he claims he couldn’t control what he did.” Storm explained. “We wanted you to go into his mind to see if he was telling the truth.”

            Xavier looked towards Nightcrawler and didn’t say anything for a few minutes. “Nightcrawler is innocent. Someone used him to do their dirty work.”

            “What did he do with Paiton? Did you at least find that out?” Havok demanded.

            “She is with… Stryker… but safe, I think.”

            “What, do you call that safe?” Havok turned and glared at the Professor. “He tests on mutants! You told us what he did to Wolverine.”

            “Calm down we’ll find them.”

            Havok didn’t respond and left the room. Storm watched him go cautiously incase he lashed out at them but focused back on what Xavier was saying.

            “…Take Cyclops, Darwin, and Sean with you.”

            “What about Havok and Wolverine?” Storm asked.

            “He’s doesn’t need to be dragged back to Stryker.”

            “And Scott does?” Jean growled.

            “Cyclops wasn’t tested on. He’ll be fine.”

            They nodded and left, not telling anyone where they were going, except for Darwin, Sean, and Cyclops, before preparing the ship for when they left later.

            “Do we have to wear those new suits?” Sean grumbled.

            “No, you have to wear your old one.” Jean replied.

            “Great, because that’s so much better.”

            “Hey I have to wear my old one to.” Darwin told him. “They have to have at least some color other than black.”

            “Yes, that’s the real reason you have to wear those suits.” Cyclops rolled his eyes even though no one could see.

            Nightcrawler looked around nervously as they prepared. “Are you sure attacking this Stryker is a good idea?”

            “Do you have a better one? We need to get Paiton back and stop Stryker before he does something else.”

            Jean walked out of the ship and cleared her throat to get their attention. “Okay meet up her at ten tonight… oh and Cyclops, Xavier wants you.”

            “Great wonder what it is this time.” He sighed before leaving.