The Sides of Me

When I told Draco that we had to cancel the tutoring session that Saturday because of the Hogsmeade visit, he oddly got annoyed and insisted we reschedule to Sunday. On Saturday morning, I remembered that I had forgotten to write to Mom in a few weeks and decided to scribble a little note to her.

Mom,

There is going to be a ball on Christmas for the tournament, which I suspect you already knew about, but because of that I won’t come home for the holidays. I was asked from Lee Jordan, the funny sixth year I told you about and I said yes. The girls and I are going shopping for dresses today in Hogsmeade. I hope you and Dad are doing well, I will see you when the year is over. I miss you!

Love,

Kora

I had half a mind to write one to Dad, but decided against it, he never wrote back anything useful, if at all. So I sealed it and showered. I pulled a black and white striped sweater over my head and put on a black skirt with white leggings and tied up my black leather converse high tops. I French braided my hair and grabbed my black leather jacket. People are usually surprised by the fact I own a leather jacket, seeing as how I’m so seemingly innocent. Which I was, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that I was obligated to dress like it. I chose it because it would be easy to slip on and off for trying on different dresses. I dove through my trunk to find the small sack full of galleons I had saved up for a special occasion and tucked it into my black and white purse.

“Well, look who’s going on the wild side a bit!” Lee greeted me when I met the group in the entrance hall. I flipped my hair over my shoulder, giving him a sly smile.

“I’m not as good as you think. There’s a lot you don’t know about me, little Lee,” I smiled mischievously and poked his chest. It wasn’t entirely true, but I was somewhat different around different people, so it was hard to know how I actually was.

“Well, I look forward to getting to know you better,” he said, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I slipped an arm around his waist and leaned into him. He was easy to be around and touch, but I wasn’t anything more than comfortable with him.

“Hey, Kores. Love the jacket,” Rose complimented from Fred’s side.

“Thanks. Where’s Grace?” I asked, noticing her absence. George shook his head, nervously. He had a hand in his coat pocket and was fingering something inside of it. “George? You okay?”

He attempted a smirk, which turned out looking sort of scary. “Of course I am. It’s Grace. I’m not scared, at all. I mean come on, I’m so incredibly hot. How can she say no?” he babbled, madly.

“Calm down, mate,” Fred laughed, slapping a hand on his shoulder. “She has the hots for you and you have the hots for her. Nothing can go wrong,”

“Oh, wow. Thanks so much for jinxing that right there,” George mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

“George, she’s going to say yes. It was obvious from first year that she fancied you. Just, say it carefully. Slow and romantic,” Rose said, gently and calmingly.