Chapter 12

The next morning, I woke with a wide yawn. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and grinned.

And that, my dear reader, was when I realized I wasn't alone in my bed.

I yelped as Luna woke up and yawned. Her ears twitched for no apparent reason, and her tail swished from side to side as she sat up in my bed.

"Wh-Wh-Wh..." (God damn it, I couldn't even form a coherent thought.)

She appeared to be dressed in a black shirt-wait...Yep, it was one of my shirts.

"That's one of my shirts you liberated, isn't it?" I prompted her as I averted my gaze.

"It was either this, or I was going to sleep with nothing on."

My face went beet red, "Okay...the shirt works...I thought Ana lent you some clothes, but I won't ask questions..."

Luna huffed out a soft chuckle. "Sorry if I startled you. I-I'm used to sleeping with others for warmth, so I kind of came in here...And I need to get Ana her clothes back today."

I nodded. "Don't worry about it- I understand. However, you'll need to get new clothes. Can't have you stealing mine. Besides, they wouldn't fit you at all. I mean, my shirt looks like a dress on you."

I wasn't lying. My shirt was large enough that it went halfway down her thigh.

She shrugged, then yawned again, tail swishing lazily from side to side.

I recalled in bewilderment that about two weeks ago, Luna had been shy and withdrawn. Now, I'm at a loss for words. It almost seems as if she's a different person.

"Well, she kind of is," I mused to myself, "Thanks to recent events, Luna's been able to open up a little more to my small group of misfits."

I got out of bed so I could make breakfast. Luna stayed behind in my bedroom so she could get dressed, and she walked into the kitchen a few minutes later wearing the set of white and light yellowish-green novice robes Virrius had delivered to her yesterday when we were at the Skag.

I could've sworn she asked me a question, but I was too busy talking to myself.

"What in the Sam hell just happened?" one of my voices demanded in a high pitch-borderline screechy voice.

"The lass is used to sleeping with other people," another voice pointed out: "Keep in mind she used to be a slave. I dunno about you, but I'd do anything to retain body heat if we were in the conditions she had to live with."

"Be that as it may, that was still freaky" my first voice retorted, "I mean, seriously: do you think that was normal?"

"No, and stop making such a fuss about it, you fucking idiot" a third voice snapped, "It's no big deal."

"Yeah. Maybe she likes us," my second voice offered.

My brain crashed. I was making a stew for breakfast, and I added way too much pepper into the mix.

"Oops, shit," I grumbled, followed by my first voice gasping dramatically.

"Egad! Could that even be possible?" It exclaimed.

"I dunno," The third voice replied nonchalantly, "Don't jump to conclusions, dumbass."

I heard a soft, airy laugh come from Luna (She was probably laughing at the expression on my face): "I didn't weird you out too much, right?"

"Say no," a fourth voice suggested.

"You think that's normal?" voice #1 chimed in, "You're sick, man."