Chapter 28

I crossed my hands again and the suit was off. I took off the gloves and put them in my back pocket with my hat.
"Wow" that's all Grover said I could tell his mind was elsewhere
It did feel good to tell someone. We stopped Tyson from firing a paintball gun. That I knew wouldn't end well.
Percy and Chiron rejoined us and we headed towards camp.

When we got back Clarisse was already there. She had laurels and everyone was congratulating her. Malcolm was the only one that came and greeted us.
The pine needles on Thalia's tree turned green and no monsters were attacking us anymore.
A twenty-four/seven guard was placed on the fleece until we found a monster to protect the fleece.
When we were gone they had had a chariot race and another was scheduled and Chiron announced that it would go on.
Percy and I teamed up with Tyson helping us with The weapons and design. Percy was driving and I was defending. We agreed that if we won we'd split the prize a month without chores. Since the Athena cabin had more people we would get the most time off but Percy didn't seem to mind.
The night before the race I decided to tell one other person about my vigilante life. I figured I owed Malcom the truth so I pulled him away from the campfire.
"What's up?" He asked
"Look I owe you the truth." I said I pulled on my gloves. "You have to swear on the river of Styx you won't tell anyone"
"I swear it" he said thunder rumbled and I let it stop before I went on.
I crossed my hands and pulled down my cowl.
"I'm the Paladin." I said

The race was about to start. I stood in the chariot waiting for Percy.
"Percy come on!" I yelled
"Go you will win!" I heard Tyson yelled
Percy got into position and I held one of the javelins.
The starting signal blew.
We quickly pulled ahead.
"We got 'em" Percy said
"Incoming!" I yelled a lead met was headed towards us. I shot the javelin in grapple hook knocking it away. The Apollo chariot came up beside us. A camper threw a javelin into our where and some of our spokes snapped. We lurched and wobbled. We were neck and neck with Apollo and Hephaestus was pulling up behind us.
"Your mine!" a first year Apollo camper called
"Yeah right!" I scoffed
I grabbed the second javelin and threw it at the Apollo driver. It hit him right on his chest and he was knocked down into his teammate.
We passed the starting line we were in our final lap. The wheel was wobbling. The Hephaestus cabin was gaining. Beckendorf shot steel grapples which hooked us and started pulling us backwards. I drew my knife and started hacking away but the cables were too thick.
"Can't cut them" I yelled
"Switch with me" Percy said
"But-"
"Trust me"
I took the reigns and Percy uncapped riptide and swung down the cables snapped. I saw Beckendorf's sword headed for me. Percy parried.
Clarisse was coming up behind us.
"See ya Percy" Beckendorf shouted "here's a parting gift!"
I saw green smoke coming from the pouch in our chariot.
"Greek fire get it out!" I yelled
I heard a click of metal and Percy was suddenly holding a shield. Percy pushed Beckendorf out of his chariot.
"Percy!" I yelled "the Greek fire!"
It was sparking Percy flipped it and I landed in the Hephaestus chariot. The driver jumped out just as it exploded.
We turned I was barely able to stop the chariot from capsizing. We rolled across the finish line. Our friends swarmed us.
"Hold up listen it wasn't us!" I yelled over the crowd chanting our names.
"We couldn't have done any of this. Won the race, or gotten the fleece, or saved Grover or anything. We owe our lives to Tyson Percy's"
"Brother!" Percy yelled "Tyson my baby brother!"
Tyson blushed and the crowd cheered. I leaned over and kissed Percy on his cheek. The crowd got louder. My cabin lifted us onto their shoulders and carried us to the winners platform. Where Chiron gave us the laurel wreaths.