0 1

I'm really glad that you guys seemed to like this fic! I hope this continues till the end!

"Di! DI!"Gauri ran into Annika's room, only to find her lost in thoughts. She had been that way for the past two days. Gauri's forehead furrowed as she approached her sister.

"I failed in math test!" Gauri yelled.

No response.

"I fell down the stairs"

No response.

"I'm eloping with Jay!"

"WHAT!" Annika shrieked. Her mouth agape, she realized it was just a mean ploy. "What do you want Chutki!" Annika asked curtly. Gauri just ignored her tone and sat down. Her expression now was very grave.

"When I returned from my tuition, I saw Rajesh Kaka talking to Papa. About some alliance he got FOR YOU! Papa flatly refused, but Kaka is still insisting. What is going on Di?" She asked and wondered why Annika didn't seem shocked, but rather seemed in some kind of epiphany.

"Whom is it from?" Gauri's reply reinstalled some lost hope and a lot of guiltiness that had engulfed her a while ago.

*

"We are looking for brides, but it is not easy to find on who is willing to marry in such young age!" Jhanvi was also against this idea, but the desperation that was around also caught on to her. "We have just three girls Jethani Ji. Even if one of them is willing, how would that girl agree to get married in a week?" Pinky exclaimed. She'd lost her Zen the moment Shivaay spoke out his decision. This was a pressure they did not anticipate.

Shivaay chose not to think. He chose to shut every voice inside his brain. If they started looking out for rationality, he would lose the one last thing he could do for his grandfather. But reality set in, he realized how impossible it all seemed.

"I really hope Trivedi Saab's daughter agrees!" Shakti caught the attention of every worried soul in that room. "Harshvardhan Trivedi was definitely not into magnanimous business, but every single quality of his was highly revered in the business world. It was such a loss when he died. I really wish his daughter agrees." Tej seemed to be of the same mind.

"But isn't Annika just 19?" Jhanvi asked skeptically. "We don't have much choices here Bhabhi!" Shakti answered.

One word caught Shivaay's attention.

Annika...

*

"Chikoo, marriage is not a joke!" Vilashi yelled exasperated. She had sensed Annika wasn't her normal self, very well, her normal pretense self for a while. But who knew this was cooking in her brain!

"Maasi, Rajesh Kaka said they are a good family and are in need of a bride immediately..." Virendar cut Annika off angrily "Marriage is also not a charity Annika!" Annika took a deep breath, "This is the right time Viru Mausa. From next year, you would have to look after Chutki's education and the her marriage too right? Plus Maasi, I'm not telling you that I am marrying this guy. Let's just give it a try!" Virendar and Vilashi were surprised at the maturity Annika showed them that day. Not knowing what to say, they reluctantly gave in.