Daddy's Little Girl's Boyfriend

My body shakes as I notice Austin's posture stiffen. My dad's firm body stands in front of him as they go back and forth with words. I step up closer to them just a little so I can hear what they're saying. I pray it's nothing bad..
"She's my little girl, you have to understand that," my dad says with his voice softening.
"I understand that completely sir. She's something special and I hope to always make her happy." Austin replies.
"You better." My dad sneers back.
The muscles in Austin's back loosen a little, so I can tell he's not as scared as he first was. My dad steps forward and those muscles tighten once again. "But you listen to me right now because I'm only gonna say this once. If you ever, and I mean even in the smallest way, hurt my baby girl, you're gonna have to deal with me and it won't be pretty."
Austin swallows hard and a smile forms on my face. I've never seen him so scared. "Yes sir. I promise I won't hurt her."
A moment of awkward silence washes over them until my dad reaches out and pats Austin on the shoulder. "You keep that promise and I think you and I will get along quite well, Mahone."

They begin walking back towards me so I jump back trying to cover up my not so smooth spying. "Hey," Austin says once my dad passes us and walks into the building. "Hi," I say walking up to him. "Did you hear?" He asks me with his voice a little unsteady. I perk my eyebrow and can't help but let a smirk form on my lips. I nod my head, and look down at my feet trying to hide my blushing cheeks. "Oh," he says not sure what we should do next. I look back up to him. He steps closer and I follow suit, closing the distance between us completely. His hands linger on my waist. "I'm not lying. I promise I will never hurt you (Y/N)."
I bite the inside of my lip, then lean up to kiss his cheek. "I believe you. Thank you."