Chapter 70 (Warmth of Snow)

Start from the beginning

Emerald: "No! Stop! NOOOO!!! Grun! Help me!"

Grun: "Vert! Let her go!"

Vert: "*Death Glare*"

...a cold wind blew through the area...

Grun: "...Please, enjoy yourselves..."

Ngine: "A wise choice..."

Emerald: "Nooo! NOOOO!!!!!"

....Emerald was taken in the Per..."Ahem..." Vert's quarters, and it is said that through out the night sensual moans could be heard.

Ngine: "Doesn't sound like she's in pain at least..."

Grun: "Yeah..."

Ngine: "By the way... Sorry about earlier... I just snapped... and..."

Grun: "Yes?"

Ngine: "I'm still naive... I know that you were just trying to get me to have faith in myself... But I just can't... I don't know if I should even be here..."

Grun: "Ahahahahahaha!!"

Ngine: "W-what's so funny!?"

Grun: "After what you've done, you still think so lowly of yourself? That is just priceless!"

Ngine: "Uuu~~~"

Grun: "Ahaha...Ahahaha! I'm sorry... Now then... Ngine?"

Ngine: "Yes?"

Grun: "Look around you..."

...Ngine looks at the camp, smiling faces, injured soldiers laugh off the pain as Zeb and Luna heals them, engineers joking about Shatana's strength about how unladylike it was, Feria teasing the others and Bel discussing strategies with the tacticians...

...Food was plentiful, everyone was smiling, others were packing to return home to spend some time with their families while the volunteers took over. Others were playing cards, others were drinking beer, it was a sight of a pleasant evening, everyone was merry...

Ngine: "Ah..."

Grun: "Everyone is alive, everyone has hope, everyone's hearts have been healed and their spirits lifted, because of what you did. They are willing to fight for tomorrow more than ever. If that's not something to live for, then I don't know what is. That scene before you is the pure proof of your existence, this happened because of you, don't deny yourself that. Burn this image into your mind, their smiles, the joy that we all feel... Keep close in your heart..."

Ngine: "I see..."

Grun: "So Ngine, do you still think that you should not be here?"

Ngine: "...No...Thank you Grun."

Grun: "It was my pleasure."

Ngine: "For a perv, you really are the wise sage."

Grun: "I'll take that as a compliment... By the way, how are things going with the Cracker."

Ngine: "He's gone to Lowee tomorrow, he needed something from Blanc, well to be more accurate with Blanc's sister Ram."

Grun: "What could it be?"

Ngine: "He said it has something to do about the mark on her sister's arm... We're hoping it's not anything serious..."

Grun: "I see, then you should go to him."

Ngine: "He doesn't need me, he can handle that himself."

Grun: "Oh there you again... Didn't we just went over this? Go to him, from the tone of your voice, he's worried about something."