Chapter 49 (Gluttony: Desire)

In the Days of Yore

Neptunio's POV

...As the days passed, our minds became muddled, like everything turned gray, the world lost its color and all I could do was contemplate on what the leaders have told us...

"...What's gone is gone..."

"...Forget about it..."

"...What your doing is nonsense..."

"...There's no point in this..."

...Azazel and I talked through the thin walls of our cells... apparently feeling sorry for us, EnCodex decided to move us in one room with a force field in the middle... but we know... It was just an excuse to cover up their motives... This one single room is littered with cameras, they moved us in one room to keep a close eye on us, the force field is placed their to keep us from making physical contact. From what I've heard, when two parts of a soul unite, they become powerful enough to rival a leader, clever bastards...

...While I was planning for our next move, I heard Azazel say something...

Azazel: "What if they're right?"

Neptunio: "So what? We want to save her, that's what we'll do."

Azazel: "Yeah... Sure..."

...It was the first time that I saw his will falter, but we can't give up, we've come so far, we need to do this!

Azazel: "We need to do this."

...He spoke what I thought, and I saw a glimmer in his eyes, the determination to fulfill our promise, he was alive again, in a spiritual sense...

...But I can't help feeling that he is forcing himself...

Neptunio: "Yeah... So do you have it all yet?"

Azazel: "I need one last thing... One more ability... But I'll have to take this one though, I can't let her keep it."

Neptunio: "So it comes to that huh... You want me to do it instead?"

Azazel: "No... I'll do it."

Neptunio: "Allright, just know that I'm always here to help."

Azazel: "Thanks... never thought I'd ask help from myself."

Neptunio: "No kidding."

...The stakes are high, we fail this and our lives might as well, say bye bye to us. If we succeed... Insurmountable possibilities await us...

...But even with this conviction, there is that lingering feeling of doubt...

It's a dark unsettling emotion, that tears at our very soul... 

It was...

Guilt...

...But I knew I can't keep myself distracted from their words...

Present Day

Author: "HEY READER HERE'S FINE LITTLE TUNE FROM KEY'S Clannad, for ya :D"

Everyone had returned home and as to be expected something hang in the air... an awkwardness that no one can explain... 

Neptunio: "Mmm..."

Nepgear: "E-ehehehe...~"

Kurome: "....hi..."

Uzume: "Ahahaha... Hey there Gearsy..."