Spill the Tea, Sis

SOTD: BETTER OFF BY ARIANA GRANDE (Youtube won't let me add it :( )

BUT I did upload a youtube video and would love if you guys checked it out and subscribed (I happen to love makeup almost as much as I love books). I'm trying to stay as creative as possible and I'm excited for another outlet to express myself on! 

Search: "Teju Oladoyin" on Youtube or watch on the side :) 

NOW FOR THE UPDATE!

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!! I KNOW THIS TOOK FOREVER BUT I'M COMMITTED TO THIS STORY AND THESE AWESOME CHARACTERS AND VOW TO END 2018 WITH A HUGE BANG WITH THIS ONE! 

~~~

"You're reading what I'm reading right?"

Cindy nodded, "I guess she was legit about ya'll seeing a therapist"

"I don't want to see another therapist, how about that?" 

Cindy only gave me a sad smile, "Well, maybe this is a good thing"

"A good thing for who, exactly?" I snapped, throwing my phone across the room and not even blinking as Cindy flinched, "What? I thought you came here to help me. Why don't you get me out of this one?"

Cindy was silent, "What's the big deal, anyway?"

I was astounded, "What isn't the big deal? Jude's already aired out my dirty laundry and the only thing he didn't mention was that I was seeing a therapist twice a week. Everyone already thinks I'm a mess, what does my seeing a therapist say?"

"It says that you're willing to get professional help to work through~"

"Shut up, Cindy" I snapped, "Who dispatched you, anyways?"

Cindy only laughed, "You did. When you decided to make more bad decisions than Amanda Bynes circa 2014"

"Lindsay Lohan's been acting a little funky recently, to be honest" I let out a dry laugh and Cindy gave me a look. 

"There isn't some secret commune where therapists spill all about their craziest cases" Cindy murmured, "for all you know, you guys are going to see some sad Dr. Phil wannabe and will leave unscathed. No one has to know you've seen a therapist unless you tell them...so don't tell them"

I was silent and settled for rubbing my jaw quietly before grabbing my keys. Cindy only gave me a confused look before the sight of her seemed to fizzle out before my very eyes.

I knew I'd see her again soon.

~~~~~

"What're you doing here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at Ethan and shouldered past him into the apartment not saying a word, "hello to you, too"

"I didn't say hello"

My eyes found Ethan's face and I noticed the heavy dark circles that circled his light brown eyes. His lips were set in a straight line and he was a lot paler than he normally was. The weird change in colouring made the light smattering of freckles across his nose, more apparent.

He was wearing a pair of adidas track pants and no shirt and I noticed the tiny dots that were red around the base of his neck.

He was anxious.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly and his eyes instantly softened. Turning away, he lay facedown on the plush black couch that sat in the living room.

With a heaved sigh he spoke, "I don't think so, Harper"

I gently made me way over to him and tapped his back twice. He instinctively bent his knees, raising his lower leg up so I could sit, and resting them back down across my lap. I placed my own very cold hand on his scorching hot back and began tracing patterns.