Like taking candy from a baby

SOTD: ITS ALL IN VAIN BY WET (PLEASE JUST WAIT FOR THE CHORUS AND TELL ME IT DOESN'T BLOW YOU AWAY AND MAKE YOU MISS A BOY YOU NEVER HAD...CUZ SAME)

~~~~

My jaw dropped as Genevieve's face turned the same shade Ethan's had just been and he struggled to stand straight, "Vait...Vait Vhat just happenz?"

Ethan slowly stood up from the ground, a slight grin on his face, and I looked around as everyone but Chandler and Andrew's face were those of shock.

"Wait, are you okay, dude?" Seth grunted, patting Ethan's back for good measure.

Kyle quickly dropped the collar of his blue shirt and practically threw him to the ground, "you're an idiot"

Ethan rolled his eyes and popped his collar, "An actor is what I am"

At the sound of this, Gayle doubled over in laughter and Seth smiled nervously, "What's going on?"

"Genie over here is a con artist" Chandler mumbled with a shrug, as Genevieve's eyes widened in shock.

"How dare you~"

"Dude, save it. The real Genevieve Branctonbouche died eleven years ago...in Paris...where he lives" Ethan made a face and dusted his black jeans, "There's never been a Genevieve Branctonbouche in the history of this place...you guys are just using his name"

It was like I had forgotten who these three boys were as Genevieve stared between them, the lady pushing the cart, and the food on the table, "Who told you that?"

"Funnily enough, google did"

"Also" Andrew murmured, "That accent is absolute trash. Like Garbage with a capital GARB"

Trish stared at Genevieve with a look of absolute disgust, "Is this true? Have you guys been illegally using the name of one of the most renowned wedding chefs in the world?"

Genevieve looked around helplessly before throwing his chef hat down, revealing stark blue hair, "Genevieve Branctonbouche DID use to come here all the time. He totally said how much he loved it here once in an interview"

"People just kind of assumed that meant he was affiliated with this catering service..."

"So you lied" Ethan tskd much to Kyle's dismay.

She rolled her eyes and tossed her dark hair over her tank top clad shoulder but said nothing.

I watched as she quickly looked up and then into her lap, almost ashamed and, being the detective that I was, I traced her line of initial vision and found myself staring at, yes you guessed it, Elliot.

My eyebrows rose as Kyle met my eyes and quickly looked away.

"If you're not the real Genevieve, then who on earth are you?" Talia snapped, brown eyes fixated on the waves of blue hair.

Genevieve, or whoever he was, sighed loudly, "I'm Austin...the owner"

"This literally makes no sense" Ethan sighed, "How hasn't anyone figured you guys out"

Austin unbuttoned his chefs jacket and I stifled a gasp as he removed pillows from his mid section, revealing everything but a round belly, "Dude, what the heck!"

"You guys were the first ones to actually request meeting Genevieve" Austin murmured with a sad smile, "You were, also, offering big bucks...when people think they're getting world renowned food they don't even care what it tastes like. Add some weird shit onto anything and they'll pay thousands"