Chapter 8 - Immense aggravation (1/3)

A piercing wave of pain suddenly extruded, flowing through the veins of my body coming from my left elbow.
It was the dry cut on it. It was suddenly charging it's effect up my arm until I couldn't feel the limb anymore. It felt numb.

I ignored it, covering the bright blue veins coursing to my body with my hand. "Are, you okay?", Tourmaline shot up a concerned look, trying to lay her vision onto my elbow.
"I - I'm fine! I should be asking you the same thing!.. ahh!", the pain aggressively spiked.
Her agitated hand abruptly reached out to grab my elbow and she pulled it over, revealing the dry cut in the light.
She gasped as her jaw dropped in shock. I pulled my arm back and looked down, "I- it's fine, its just the cut I got when I was in the testing facility with you under that cart!", I confessed.

Her look of joviality turned opposite, as her glimmering eyes grew in fear to the sight in worry.
"How come your just telling me this now?!", she screamed following the echoes of her voice throughout the room.
"Really it- its fine! Its nothing! I'm fine!.... aahhh!", I exerted in pain.
My arm disappeared lacing the glitchy and staticky light deforming from it.
My body was left weak to even stand now that I fell to my knees shakily exerting another shout in pain. The sensation felt so strong, so unfamiliar, almost as if I was, corrupting.

The immense and aggravating pain grew and grew, nausea threatening to be apparent, and as to this, my vision was fading, deteriorating from it's construct of view. The last thing I saw were Tourmaline's feet in front of me, before I coughed and hacked a final time and fainted into a blackness.

••<><><••••><><>•><><>•••><><••

"You know what wo...", "the test subject is now unde...", "You can't be swayed by some few...", "Pearl, show Tanzanite to...", "I told you to bring me the files reg...", "this will be, your, Pearl..."
.................................................

I gasped, opening my eyes to a different sight. The testing facility. I got up after finding myself lying on the floor in the middle of the room, prior to when I had just heard the cacophony of voices.
I rubbed my head as my other hand laid its rest onto the floor only to find it pressing against a clatter of shards. I quickly removed my hand from it and clearly saw that the remains belonged to an Aquamarine.

The rest of the room was just silent and still. The lights were off and each corner in it were in blank darkness. The transparent one way entry into the room acted as a source of light, as it's dull illumination reflected onto the rest of the shards laying flat all over. I rubbed my left elbow, finding both the cut and sensation of it nowhere to be. It disappeared.
I was still confused though on how I got to the facility in the first place. It was exactly where we had left off. plainly similar to the horrid sight before we escaped.
My eyes pondered around the room, still in a mix of confusion and fear, but stopped to lay my gaze upon a figure in the dark corner. As it emerged from the dark, a gem I familiarly recognised stepped out into the dull light, as her apparent body coloured in the muck of green and pink and the stray of transparent silk tutu on her waist, made presence in plain sight.
"Tourmaline!", I shouted to her as her vision pointed nowhere to look at me. She seemed to not notice me.

My thoughts were still in tact of keeping myself aware towards my surrounding, but the moment was too abrupt that I trusted her so completely.
I quickly got up and rushed to her, stopping right in front, impossible for her to not notice.
"Tourmaline! Whats going on? Why am I here? What happened?", my questions spat out all lacing with curiosity. The mass amount of her hair obstructed her eyes, covering them in a shadowy layer. The room's silent was accompanied by a constant blowing of air coming from the vents and other dim sounds from the active gem tech around.

"I don't know! Why do you want to?", her soft and toned voice echoed.
I was confused by what she meant and so I asked, "what?", in turn getting nothing as a reply.
She paused for a moment before continuing again, this time shouting,
"No! I can't accept that!", she yelled aimlessly to my unknowing self.
"Wha.. what are you talking about? What do you not want to accept?!", I asked again hoping to get an answer but of course did not.

She began to walk right towards me, not caring that I was even in front of her and in a swift motion, I fell over to my left hitting the floor with my hands supporting my body.
"Ughh what the? Hey!", I retorted.
She couldn't even bother to glance at me, she just kept on walking in a continuous front direction until she stopped to open the door of the room, and she left. I picked myself up and decided to follow where she was going.

I trailed behind her right as she turned to a left direction. I was greeted with a familiar hallway of closed doors, still in the state of illuminated by the littlest of light. There were scratch marks all over the place, the writings and scribbles of gem tapestries torn and shredded. Portraits of the four perfect Diamonds hung on the grey and colourless walls as streaks of whatever liquid dragged along continuously over them, disappearing at certain spots.

'What happened? Where is everyone? Why did she bring me here?', I rambled in my thoughts as my vision fixated to her in front. Soon, darkness was all there was and my gem illuminated it's blue streak of light up front for view. I began to doubt that this was even Tourmaline, I shouldn't have trusted her so quick,
'What if the guards find out? What if Pink Diamond comes to visit? What if the Agates find us and punish us or get us shattered?!', I rambled again in my head as I struggled to keep calm.

The dark hallway soon led into a room where the surrounding now changed and was easier to distinguish. The texture of the floor too changed, as I could feel my feet step against a bramble of vines. I pointed my gem to illuminate the walls, a messy greenery of vines and moss cascaded through cracks from the corner ceilings. The wall was entirely metallic, a metal used only for the interior of a ship or a drop ship. Somehow, for some reason, she was leading me to the frontal cockpit.
I was now immensely puzzled, "how the heck did she led us to this ship? Where are we?", my mind questioned, and finally, I shouted to ask her,
"Hey! Wh- what are we doing? Wh- where are we??", still getting no response. I was now getting very irritated to this and so I walked over to her who was suddenly occupying the main seat and reached my hand out to grab her shoulder.

"Hey!..", I said as I rested my hand on her.
"Proceeding with ignition, preparing to launch shuttle...", Tourmaline finally spoke but with no intention on noticing my very presence.