Burden upon ones shoulder (3/4)

"*Gasp* there you are!" The Topaz said as she pulled a staff from underneath a table. "Phew" I sighed in relief realising that it was another table at the end of the room. "Alright that should be all the things we need to resume the procedure-" a muffled scream cut through before Emerald could finish her words. "Hukh no.." she turned back looking at another room flashing light, "quick, grab that cart over there she's losing control.." the Emerald said now pointing surely at the table I was under in. Turns out I was hiding under a cart for gemmetic utilities. The Topaz ran and swiftly grasped onto the cart and tugged it along as she ran, I shook a bit and almost tumbled over but I got a hold of the legs of the cart maintaining my balance.

The underneath of this cart had curtains covering my view but still distinguishable enough for me to see through, She brought me out of the room closing the door behind her and brought the cart passing through a long hallway of closed doors with code numbers displayed on them. One particular door at the end of the hallway though was opened revealing a very Yellow lit room with lots of gems shouting at each other about something, she brought me to another testing room! I was terrified.
The door closed behind us, I didn't know what to do. I opened a bit of the curtains and saw the room being occupied by a vast amount of gems yelling and moving about. They were all trained elites, quite well know by my line of work, excluding the Quartz soldiers at the back. The seat however in the middle of the room was occupied by a very strange looking gem that I had never even seen before. She had the formal army suit on but, skinny, almost as a Pearl myself. Her skin tone was all Pale and she had long silky hair, her gem however was the most odd as it's placement was on her chest having a sort of, dynamic, cut.
I noticed however that half of her face seemed.. wrong.. it looked, withered and.. cracked. I assumed that that must've been a result from the test they're performing. The elites had a form destabiliser staff as some of them had other tools more of which were new to me. They held this gem onto the seat looking troubled and they struggled to maintain her for some reason. "Topaz! The Tranquilizer, Now!" The Emerald shouted as Topaz handed the tool to her. My sight was obstructed by the multitude of elites closing in on the gem, panicking all over.
I saw a chance for me to make my escape as everyone placed their worried eyes in the middle of the room. I slowly got out from under the cart and made my way to the door and quietly, I tapped the display trying to access the door but I couldn't recognise how it operated.
A loud shriek emitted coming from the group of gems huddled into the test subject. It was deafening. Everyone in the room stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the gem in terror.